Rebuilding a trailer (1 Viewer)

Goatman Saint

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My wife has been on a Pinterest roll lately and has wanted to take and totally gut and rebuild a 20 foot travel trailer to go camping and such with. So yesterday my son found one for 400 bucks. Pulled it home, drives awesome. However, once started really looking at it, I wonder why my wife hates me so much. Floor is shot. Half the wood in the walls is shot and has to be replaced due to rot. Man, this will be an epic challenge.

And to think I was considering quitting drinking.

Attachments

• 39271F9B-B6BD-4477-BEBE-AA616FDC9B93.jpeg
    39271F9B-B6BD-4477-BEBE-AA616FDC9B93.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 26
  • 1F148B41-2F94-4EF3-9A48-9E7B440FB41D.jpeg
    1F148B41-2F94-4EF3-9A48-9E7B440FB41D.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 26
  • B92C873E-3289-4BDD-B567-426027F38BE0.jpeg
    B92C873E-3289-4BDD-B567-426027F38BE0.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 24
That’s going to be a lot of work.
The problem I see with doing something like that is that you are expecting wood to attach to metal and withstand a strong, sustained earthquake every time you move it.
Good luck.

Yeah I know. Essentially I’m just going piece by piece undoing and replacing the same way. Figure if I do that it should work.

Yeah I know. Essentially I’m just going piece by piece undoing and replacing the same way. Figure if I do that it should work.
Oh, it will work. I know people who have done it. They have told me that it took longer than they anticipated and was a bit aggravating at times. Three different guys and they all still have the trailer they rebuilt.
One guy had to rebuild the bathroom and stated that was the worst part.

Oh, it will work. I know people who have done it. They have told me that it took longer than they anticipated and was a bit aggravating at times. Three different guys and they all still have the trailer they rebuilt.
One guy had to rebuild the bathroom and stated that was the worst part.

Oh I’m sure of that. Bathrooms in houses are terrible. I can’t imagine in a trailer

My wife has been on a Pinterest roll lately and has wanted to take and totally gut and rebuild a 20 foot travel trailer to go camping and such with. So yesterday my son found one for 400 bucks. Pulled it home, drives awesome. However, once started really looking at it, I wonder why my wife hates me so much. Floor is shot. Half the wood in the walls is shot and has to be replaced due to rot. Man, this will be an epic challenge.

And to think I was considering quitting drinking.

Man that sucks.

Trailers are like cars. Sometimes the best bet is to jack them up and put a new one under it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom