Rebuilding the Offensive Line (1 Viewer)

Offensive line play is like synchronize swimmers. It looks like poetry in motion as long as everybody is in sync. When you have the injuries we had this year that rhythm is hard to obtain.

To the OP, our line won't be retooled. Peat will be here and start and so will Ruiz. Remember when everybody was healthy this was a 5-2 team. We are stuck with Peat for at least one more year and I doubt they will give up on Ruiz after 2 years. He showed improvement this year so that's a positive.

The only question to be answered is will Armstead be back. My answer is yes. He's still elite when healthy. Notice as soon as Ram came back we started running screens again against Atlanta. We place a premium on tackles getting out into space. There won't be many guys as nimble as Armstead. Sure we can find someone with better luck with injuries, but if they aren't athletic enough for our offense to run every play then it isn't an upgrade. Armstead routinely handles speed rushers with no help. If they can agree with the financial terms of a new contract, he will be back.

browsing this thread makes it clear how many questions we have on OL heading into next season. most in recent memory.

knowing this team's history, don't overlook the possibility of a high draft choice playing a major role.

LT: Armstead
LG: Peat
C: McCoy
RG: Ruiz
RT: Ramczyk

Swingman: Hurst

Think we still have one of the better offensive lines in the NFL if we get less of an injury disaster. Just weak at guard. I want to see Armstead back. Peat is what he is at this point, we are stuck with his contract for now. I'm not letting him touch LT. Hopefully Ruiz gets better, if not Hurst should replace him. Ruiz can backup guard if Hurst needs to sub into tackle.

LT: Armstead
LG: Peat
C: McCoy
RG: Ruiz
RT: Ramczyk

Swingman: Hurst

Think we still have one of the better offensive lines in the NFL
I don’t see it. Both Gs are weak. If the Ts and C can hold up next year (and Armstead is one of the Ts), then it is a good line, but the two weak links keep it from being one of the best.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom