Recapping the offseason so far (indepth article) and upcoming mock draft with trade (1 Viewer)

Enjoyed it, but disagree. 13 we need to stay put and get OL. We got the most picks since i can remeber, if we use all 9-10, then we are sure to hit at least 5-6 times on really good players! I trust Peyton and Co. and what ever head scratching pick they make, let's hope for the best and get big returns on all 9 picks!

Go Saints!

Enjoyed it, but disagree. 13 we need to stay put and get OL. We got the most picks since i can remeber, if we use all 9-10, then we are sure to hit at least 5-6 times on really good players! I trust Peyton and Co. and what ever head scratching pick they make, let's hope for the best and get big returns on all 9 picks!

Go Saints!
I saw a report yesterday that Collins stock is rising. If that's the case we may have to move to grab him or Schreff.

I am not a College Football follower or draft expert by any stretch of the imagination, so my here is what I have seen with our draft history, and a question....

We have done great finding Offensive Line gems with just about every one drafted, regardless of what round, so I can't say I would be bummed out if they waited.

Does anyone think it is possible that we trade Evans and a pick to move up? Not only getting rid of some cap space, but getting younger in the process.

Curious to hear different peoples thoughts.

Nice read, OP.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorial Green-Beckham go undrafted. You don't draft a guy that talented, yet failed to see the field at two programs because of attitude issues. I'd steer clear of him.

Real good read, OP.

I see many saying they disagree with your draft, but of course everyone has their opinions. this is not far fetched by any means of what we might actually see the front office do. Lately Shaq Thompson has intrigued me, dude is a complete athlete, would it be insane to think he can play ILB in a 3-4? I havent read much in regards to that, but dude seems like with proper coaching, he might be able to fit almost anywhere.

SP has said this is a very deep draft for WR's , so I don't think we go WR in the first 2 rounds . Could maybe use one of the 3rds @ WR Another reason is Colston is the only real veteran with much game experience on the team , I don't see coach putting that much inexperience on the field at the same time which would happen in 3,4 and 5 WR sets . I see us picking up a vet WR in the 2nd wave of FA , but I do think we take a WR in rds 3 or trade 2 5ths for a 4th . My wishes as far as players that REALISTICALLY could be there @ 13 are , 1st Beasley , 2nd Scherff and 3rd Collins and I think Collins could be had around pick 19 or 20

fabulous writing

So we trade Stills and Graham because they aren't leaders, seem to drift in games and like to party. Then we use our 2nd round pick to draft DGB who has multiple arrests for drugs and was kicked off his college team?

Mark Ingram going to get 18-20 carries a game? Rush for 1200 yards? Improved receiver?

Sorry, all those are long shots. If Ingram stays healthy (big if) and we limit Spiller to fewer than 5 carries a game and rarely ever use Robinson then he may get that many carries but I just don't see it. Actually, if Spiller returns to 2013 form then Ingram will be lucky to get 10 carries a game because after we see Spiller, nobody will want to see Ingram. As for Ingram's improved receiving skills, he averages 5 yards per catch through his career. I'd rather see Brees become a running QB than Ingram going out for a pass.

Other than those two things, I liked.

Nice read, OP.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dorial Green-Beckham go undrafted. You don't draft a guy that talented, yet failed to see the field at two programs because of attitude issues. I'd steer clear of him.

Agreed. Although I like his thoughts, DBG isn't coming to the Saints. They are trying to bring in good character guys, not trouble makers. When they traded Stills (who I really liked) I knew they were serious.

Needless to say, the roster will definitely will be stronger after the draft. If the season started today, the Saints could field a competitive team. All positions have depth today and will only get better after the draft and free agency. In fact, the safety position is too deep (opportunity to get additional draft picks or another player at a weak position such as TE). Think about it, QB, RB, WR, DE, NT, CB, S, OLB, ILB, OL and even TE have NFL starting caliber players on the roster.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.........glad you enjoyed it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom