Receivers for rematch against Tampa in a couple of weeks (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else feel extremely at ease with our receivers, even without Thomas? After today’s game I can honestly say that I would roll with this crew.

I'm going to get hate for saying this but our scheme doesn't call for receivers to do much more than find soft spots in short to medium zones. Like you I wasn't worried about the injuries at all because anyone can thrive in this scheme and nobody executes it better than Brees.

Does anyone else feel extremely at ease with our receivers, even without Thomas? After today’s game I can honestly say that I would roll with this crew.
No we can't sustain this. Luckily the Panthers pass defense isn't very good.

Bears next week will be like pulling teeth on offense if we don't get back either of our top 2 receivers.

Bucs the next week might be a bloodbath whooping.

I'm going to get hate for saying this but our scheme doesn't call for receivers to do much more than find soft spots in short to medium zones. Like you I wasn't worried about the injuries at all because anyone can thrive in this scheme and nobody executes it better than Brees.
Just a question because I really want to learn. If Drew and our offense are able to pick apart zone defenses with average recievers, why aren't opponent playing more man?

Tampa will have:
Evans
Goodwin
Brate
Gronk
Antonio Brown

and a better defense. The Saints offense is going to have to be perfect. Tampa put up 40 points on both teams that beat the Saints.

Because of the Coach and QB this level of play was fostered during Payton's inaugural season in 06.

Tampa will have:
Evans
Goodwin
Brate
Gronk
Antonio Brown

and a better defense. The Saints offense is going to have to be perfect. Tampa put up 40 points on both teams that beat the Saints.
Tampa is scoring 41 minimum on us next time.

Thomas
Sanders
Callaway
TQS

Cook

Kamara

Quite a set of weapons. Gonna need them all.

It's a shootout in the making. Think 49ers 2019.
Not to be a Debbie Downer but do we know the extent of Callaway’s injury? Also Covid protocols
mandate that Sanders be out for 10 days after he’s symptom free, right? So if his symptoms linger for weeks, he could be out more than 1-2 games.
And...we don’t know anything about this hamstring issue Thomas is dealing with.

Again, maybe we do have all these guys in the fold in 2 weeks , but there’s a lot of unknown right now.

I think this will be the game where Drew airs it out a old fashion shootout

Because if Brown is anything like he was OMG I’m still showing nightmares of him beating Lattimore up the field .

Jenkins and Lattimore on Brown and Evans
CJG on Goodwin Grownski on Jenkins I just hope for a victory at the end

Not to be a Debbie Downer but do we know the extent of Callaway’s injury? Also Covid protocols
mandate that Sanders be out for 10 days after he’s symptom free, right? So if his symptoms linger for weeks, he could be out more than 1-2 games.
And...we don’t know anything about this hamstring issue Thomas is dealing with.

Again, maybe we do have all these guys in the fold in 2 weeks , but there’s a lot of unknown right now.
No, it’s at least 10 days since showing symptoms and 72 hours after symptoms are gone. For Sanders, just depends on how long he had it before testing positive and how long it stays with him. Could be back

According to rumours here and on Twitter, we'll go into the game with TQS, Golden Tate and maybe a 32 year-old Andy Tanner.

No Sanders because he is in the doghouse with the coach; no Callaway because he maintains he wasn't injured badly today so is probably out for the season and no Michael Thomas because by that stage he will have been exchanged for JJ Watt and a future first-round pick.

In saying that, JJ Watt did catch a TD pass as a tight end in a game for the Texans about six years back. So maybe he'll slot in somewhere on the offensive depth chart too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom