Recommendation for a doctor on the North Shore (1 Viewer)

Forest

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for a good primary care physician on the north shore. Currently, I have none. Looking for someone who is very thorough and knows what they are doing. I do not care how nice or cute they are. I'd prefer someone more stern.

If you know of anyone on the North Shore you'd recommend, I appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I go to Dr. Marek at Oschner Clinic off of Hwy 21 in Covington. Nice guy, straight forward and not condescending ( i went several weeks ago to try to see what to do about quitting smoking )

SharonT

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I would recommend someone, but I'm afraid to jinx it. I'm on my third primary doc since Katrina. Hope this one stays!

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, he's not stern but he knows what he's doing and will make time to answer questions. Dr. Matthew Horsfield at 1051 Gause, Suite 380 (Slidell Memorial Hospital)

covingtondog

No freaking way...
Reaction score
My wife likes her gynocologist waay more than she should. If I cared, I'd be worried. His last name is Guidry but if you're a guy you'll need a sex change first. According to my wife, it may be worth it.

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
I'm not totally sure where he's practicing since Katrina wiped out his home and practice on the Coast (maybe practicing in Picayune or Slidell now), but Dr. Leland Kendrick is a good doc. And I'm not saying that just because he's my uncle.

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Reaction score
i'll ask my mom who her doctor is. Until the day i moved away in 2000, my PCP had been my doctor since she was my pediatrician, and she was based out of Methodist. so yeah i think she's gone.

The best DENTIST in Slidell is a dear friend of mine. :) for when you choose a dentist. Great with kids, too.

covingtondog

No freaking way...
Reaction score
Might try Dr.Barfield, not sure if he is practicing or not though. He lives in Covington.

He's practicing still. My dad goes to him, but he is, uh, Barfield has alot of experience. Like 70 years expereince. And he was 30 when he graduated from med School. I'm not sayin' he's old or anything, but...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)