Record Prediction Pre-Preseason to Now (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Before the preseason where did you have the Saints finishing? Now with only 1 preseason game left (where not many actual starters will play), have you changed your prediction, and if so, to what?

Pre-Preseason 10-6
Now 8-8

I was optimistic and still am to some degree. Going into preseason, I thought we'd win 9, maybe 10. I now see how much the inexperience on the defense will hinder us against good qbs. Also the offensive line has been completely underwhelming.

7-9 seems more likely though I'm hopeful we improve enough to do better than that.

Before the preseason where did you have the Saints finishing? Now with only 1 preseason game left (where not many actual starters will play), have you changed your prediction, and if so, to what?

Pre-Preseason 10-6
Now 8-8
It's hard to say.

Take Brees out of this equation and this is a 2-14 team.

Factoring Brees and taking the Steelers as a real litmus test it feels more like 6-10. No pass rush, young corners, OL inconsistent and leaky.

It feels so shaky to think suddenly they are going to flip a switch against Oakland.

Pre-season I always thought Brees alone is good for 7-9 or 8-8. But it's such a discombobulated mess I think it has to be worse.

Going into preseason I thought we would be 9-7 or 10-6. Now I'm thinking 6-10.

It's hard to say.

Take Brees out of this equation and this is a 2-14 team.

Factoring Brees and taking the Steelers as a real litmus test it feels more like 6-10. No pass rush, young corners, OL inconsistent and leaky.

It feels so shaky to think suddenly they are going to flip a switch against Oakland.

Pre-season I always thought Brees alone is good for 7-9 or 8-8. But it's such a discombobulated mess I think it has to be worse.
I agree.

When you have Brees your team is going to win 6-8 games every year. We've had teams, like last year and the year before, and the bounty suspension year, that we had no business finishing close to .500. But when you have a player like Brees, he can make some of these Saints teams look like world beaters at times.

I just don't understand how we haven't addressed this offensive line. All I've ever heard from "experts" and coaches and players, during our runs, was how important our guards were and that's why we spent so much money on them and let OTs walk.

We draft a guy who can only play tackle, or might be able to play tackle, with a high draft pick and have completely ignored the guards. I really don't understand it at all.

Watch Brady when he plays. He takes time in his pocket when to make the right throw because he CAN.

I really believe Drew can be an elite player ALL the time if our oline just gave him some time.

I just don't understand what the plan was for offensive line these past two years and why that philosophy of having dominant guards has changed.

I just don't understand what the plan was for offensive line these past two years [sic]

images%2Farticle%2F2016%2F04%2F04%2Fstillgood1.gif

I agree.

When you have Brees your team is going to win 6-8 games every year. We've had teams, like last year and the year before, and the bounty suspension year, that we had no business finishing close to .500. But when you have a player like Brees, he can make some of these Saints teams look like world beaters at times.

I just don't understand how we haven't addressed this offensive line. All I've ever heard from "experts" and coaches and players, during our runs, was how important our guards were and that's why we spent so much money on them and let OTs walk.

We draft a guy who can only play tackle, or might be able to play tackle, with a high draft pick and have completely ignored the guards. I really don't understand it at all.

Watch Brady when he plays. He takes time in his pocket when to make the right throw because he CAN.

I really believe Drew can be an elite player ALL the time if our oline just gave him some time.

I just don't understand what the plan was for offensive line these past two years and why that philosophy of having dominant guards has changed.
At some point you have to look at the decisions of Payton and Loomis over the years. They have a disastrous run over the last few years. And that includes hiring decisions on the staff like Rob Ryan.

I get everyone wants to give Payton and Loomis a pass based on 2009 but they have made bad decisions lately and this year it's looking like the choice to not address the OL with new talent is going to loom large. The coaching, the scheming and talent development is still not getting results that matter up front.

At what point do we just keep trying to do the same thing with the same staff and still cant rush the passer and still can't block the LOS consistently? I look at Dennis Allen as he same staff. He's been here before, he was here at the side of Rob Ryan and we still stunk.

We still can't rush the passer, we still get pushed around at the LOS. Takeaway Brees and over the last three years we would have fielded perhaps the worst football teams in the history of the NFL. Think about that and what it says about the organization apart from the one elite player they have that holds it all together.

You know for a fact we will shurely go on a blistering wining streak again as soon as we have mathematically been eliminate fron the playoffs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom