Record Prediction Pre-Preseason to Now (1 Viewer)

8-8 before
8-8 now

This team obviously is not going to run the table. This team will compete. They'll be agile learning throughout the season because of youth. Some weeks we'll look like garbage, and some we'll look like world beaters.

The hope is these guys get it early and run with an identity early..believe in that identity early and start imposing it on teams by mid season.

Then it's on.

Pre-preseason I was between 7-9 and 9-7. I had doubts about the interior O-line, CB's, and passrush.

Now with preseason, I am still between 7-9 and 9-7. None of the current issues are a surprise. The interior o-line is a current weakness and without a running qb, we will struggle for offensive consistency. I like what I've seen from the CB's, so I am less concerned. Young guys will have growing pains, but the future looks very bright -and affordable too. Our passrush will be hit or miss based on opponent strengths/weaknesses. Teams with good interiors will stonewall us. Teams with bad interiors will get eaten alive by our DT's.
Offensively, we will crush teams with weak d-lines and struggle against strong d-lines. Defensively, a healthy Steelers is as bad as it gets. Spread offense with no huddle will greatly fatigue our passrush and catch us with our slower LB's in. But, we will surprise teams who try to get physical with us.

I really don't understand where all the calamity is coming from. I thought it was obvious that the team had only an outside shot at the playoffs but did a great job of positioning itself for a good push in the next couple seasons. We need one more good offseason, so I won't even be bummed in the slightest if we are terrible this year. The worse we are, the better chance we have at an elite edge rusher and dominant guard in the draft, which would frankly jolt this team to immediate playoff contender.

6-10. Said it before will say it again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You guys are absolutely nuts.

At the very worst, this hasn't been the worst we have looked in a pre-season in the Payton era, in fact our defense objectively looks MUCH better then last year. Our offense has been more consistent in being top 6 then an Atomic clock... our offense WILL. BE. FINE. Even if our offense was equal to last year (which was pretty damn good, while we looked 'terrible' in the preseason) our defense is clearly better.

Yet you guys think we will be the worst team of the Payton-Brees era... why? Because preseason win loss record? If you are being as objective as you debbie downers say you are being you would aknowlegde the fact that the Saints offense has always shown up during the course of a season... and the defense (even after tonight) still looked SO much better than last years... and that team won 7 games. How on earth is this one 2-6 wins.

Step of the ledge guys, its the flipping preseason. Remember in 2006 after the preseason Archie Manning said that squad might be the worst Saints squad ever.

Exactly, I still think we are an 8-8 team that will be great one week, poor the next, plus we will go on a two game win streak the end of the year. So much truth in this thread though, Payton is just a stubborn guy. He wants to win with his "high character guys". . .so we never bring in a questionable guys where we would need the help. I don't know if James Harrison was ever available, but he is 38 and plays with more energy then anything we have had in years at DE. Sure Cam is great, but lets get the guy a complimentary End to help him, not a battle between Edabali, Gwatchum, Tull, Tap and whomever esle, its insanity.

Plus the Peat Fiasco needs to be piled on more. He has the Body of a stud Olineman, but plays like he has rubber arms and hands, another whiffed 1st rounder, in an era of so many. We have just been so spoiled with Brees for ten years that Payton and Loomis oh the guy the world, because the rest of the team is playing like bottom Dwellers.

But, we will still find a way to finish 8-8 somehow, likely due to Brees throwing 40 plus TDs this year, again and 5000 + yards.

Before the preseason where did you have the Saints finishing? Now with only 1 preseason game left (where not many actual starters will play), have you changed your prediction, and if so, to what?

Pre-Preseason 10-6
Now 8-8

I will Say This... The tackling alone is 100x better. Yes teams still get too many easy plays, however unlike in previous years, our linebackers and safetys close in quickly to make fast tackles. This alone will win us 2 more games than last year. 9-7 Then lets add that this defense is young and hungry and have no where to go but up. a light WILL sudenly switch and they will start playing good D. that counts for one more win than last year. 10-6 Now to answer the op Question. 18-0 before.....10-6 now http://saintsreport.com/forums/images/smilies/ezbill.gif

16 and 0 before
16 and 0 after

Sorry, just a fan here. Ill adjust to 15 and 1 after the first game if needed.

I initially thought 8-8. Knowing the emphasis we placed on the preseason games and the manner in which we have looked I'm thinking 5-11. Without Brees we are a 2-14 team. Our roster talentwise is bottom five in the league.

When Our Line gave Drew decent time we still went 7-9 and went on a run to do that. No way Drew gets through this season healthy. I'm thinking 4-12 or 3-13.

The good , We'll be in top form to draft Fournette heh heh

Ha! I said 7-9 months ago and got flamed for it. Now everybody is saying 7-9 or worse after three preseason games? Stick to your guns! Once Kikaha went down, so did my hopes for any kind of pass rush. Without that, our young corners will be hard pressed to hold up their end. Our defense will be a slightly faster and more disciplined version of last years defense. Better, but not good enough. Our offensive line will likely be about the same as last year. maybe worse. 7-9 sounds about right. We just are not a very talented team compared to the majority of the league. We certainly don't have the guns to compete in our division.

With that said, I think we are still heading in the right direction. Dennis Allen is a good coach. In a few years, he will give us a formidable defense. I really believe that 2017 will be our year to compete.

I said 7-9 before and I'll say it again. Team may not be quite as good as last year. Time will tell for sure. I never buy into the training camp preseason cool aid about how awesome our dline and cb's are.

Kris

My original prediction was 10-6 around August 5th or so.

After 3 preseason games I still have hope that we can win 10 games and that our OLine gels well into the first few games.. But I have deep dark insecurities about our OLine and young CBs.. An injury at either position group would severely cripple them beyond their average to below average looks now. I fear this could be a just another emotional roller coaster.. Start rough at 0-4. String together some wins to get to 6-6 then crumble to 7-9.

Before preseason, my prediction is 10-6, with still no improvement from the oline after three games, like we wanted, 8-8.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom