Record Prediction Pre-Preseason to Now (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking at the very best 7-9... But i'm thinking we probably end up somewhere around 5-11, maybe even 4-12. How we are playing right now, i just don't see how we are going to compete. 3 and outs will destroy this defense faster than anything else, and while i think it will be improved it's not going to be able to keep up with the offense giving the ball back over constantly. Yea Drew makes a big difference, but not when he's going to have zero time to throw the ball. Our Oline is a gigantic problem.

Up with hope.... Down with dope.
10-6
Looking forward to cuts after tonight
And how the final battles produce against
The ravens. Cut some add some off the waiver
and win early for confidence.

You guys are absolutely nuts.

At the very worst, this hasn't been the worst we have looked in a pre-season in the Payton era, in fact our defense objectively looks MUCH better then last year. Our offense has been more consistent in being top 6 then an Atomic clock... our offense WILL. BE. FINE. Even if our offense was equal to last year (which was pretty damn good, while we looked 'terrible' in the preseason) our defense is clearly better.

Yet you guys think we will be the worst team of the Payton-Brees era... why? Because preseason win loss record? If you are being as objective as you debbie downers say you are being you would aknowlegde the fact that the Saints offense has always shown up during the course of a season... and the defense (even after tonight) still looked SO much better than last years... and that team won 7 games. How on earth is this one 2-6 wins.

Step of the ledge guys, its the flipping preseason. Remember in 2006 after the preseason Archie Manning said that squad might be the worst Saints squad ever.

7-9 before and maybe 6-10 to 7-9 now. I still think if these kids continue to learn and develop the future is bright just not this year. With #9 we win a couple we probably shouldn't and with the kids we lose a couple we shouldn't. Add the difficult schedule and this could be that middle of the pack.

People don't want to hear it but we are rebuilding. It takes 2-3 years. Hopefully we can pull 2-3 more years out of Drew to see him win with a more complete and experienced young team before he retires.

At some point you have to look at the decisions of Payton and Loomis over the years. They have a disastrous run over the last few years. And that includes hiring decisions on the staff like Rob Ryan.

I get everyone wants to give Payton and Loomis a pass based on 2009 but they have made bad decisions lately and this year it's looking like the choice to not address the OL with new talent is going to loom large. The coaching, the scheming and talent development is still not getting results that matter up front.

At what point do we just keep trying to do the same thing with the same staff and still cant rush the passer and still can't block the LOS consistently? I look at Dennis Allen as he same staff. He's been here before, he was here at the side of Rob Ryan and we still stunk.

We still can't rush the passer, we still get pushed around at the LOS. Takeaway Brees and over the last three years we would have fielded perhaps the worst football teams in the history of the NFL. Think about that and what it says about the organization apart from the one elite player they have that holds it all together.

No, I think we give him a pass based on 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013.. You're the most negative person on this board.. At least give the facts

I was at 7-9, now I think this season would be semi successful if they met that. This is a bad football team.

11-5 before pre-season (Tied for First NFC South)
10-6 now (Wild Card on tie breakers)

(I just hope we can keep the bleeding down early, I would be happy with a 2-3 start.)

Before the preseason where did you have the Saints finishing? Now with only 1 preseason game left (where not many actual starters will play), have you changed your prediction, and if so, to what?

Pre-Preseason 10-6

Now 8-8

7-9 to 9-7 before preseason and after 3 games. DB9 will win us some games, but the problems we have are foundational and unless you have a decent line on both sides of the ball, the best you can hope for is somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7.

Well, I'll have to admit, my original prediction was wrong. I predicted the Saints would go 6-10. After watching this team over 3 preseason games, it looks like we're in for a really rough ride and an agonizingly long season. My new prediction is, if we are lucky, 3-13. Hate to say it but this team doesn't know how to win and has lost too much talent to injury to even get to 6-10. As usual I hope I'm wrong but seldomly am

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom