Record talk starting again for Brees (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
no mention of him getting past brady's 50 tds yet...and the 16-0 that comes with it :).

Personally, I think if he gets the record, we will not be an elite team. We've got to have a mix of running the ball to keep other teams offenses off the field.

The run is important but...
To set up the pass the run just has to be a threat. I think that with all our weapons on offense that the Saints can win and put up record setting numbers through the air.
The run will turn some of those 3 and outs to a drive that will give Brees more passes and the receivers will have less coverage because the defense will have to guard against the run.
In short a great passing game and a good running game help each other not hurt each other.

Personally, I think if he gets the record, we will not be an elite team. We've got to have a mix of running the ball to keep other teams offenses off the field.
I used to think that, but in this offense thats not necessarly true. In this offense the pass opens up the run, we had a lot of carries last year, we just didn't have a healthy yds per carry. If we just get our YPC up, Brees will still get his. He might not get 5,000yds, or 50TD's, but I think if we end up 13-3, Brees will still end up with 4800+ yds, thats just or offense. Especially if this defense can continue to create TO's.

The run is important but...
To set up the pass the run just has to be a threat. I think that with all our weapons on offense that the Saints can win and put up record setting numbers through the air.
The run will turn some of those 3 and outs to a drive that will give Brees more passes and the receivers will have less coverage because the defense will have to guard against the run.
In short a great passing game and a good running game help each other not hurt each other.

Yeah. I think Drew Brees can get either the TD record or the yardage record and us still have a respectable showing in the run game. But this team will always be a pass first team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom