Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Drew is clearly the primary reason for our success this year. His pocket presence makes the offensive line look far better than they truly are. He is making every receiver we plug in look like an all pro. He's a true leader both on and off of the field, and he's a winner.

If we had failed to sign Brees, and went with either a journeyman (Collins, Kitna, Griese, etc) or a rookie like Leinart or Cutler (leaving VY out because we'd be undefeated if he was our QB), what do you guys think our record would be?

I think we'd be about 3-8. I can say that with a straight face.

>>Drew is clearly the primary reason for our success this year. His pocket presence makes the offensive line look far better than they truly are. He is making every receiver we plug in look like an all pro. He's a true leader both on and off of the field, and he's a winner.

You've been saying this for years. I've been saying this for months.

>>If we had failed to sign Brees, and went with either a journeyman (Collins, Kitna, Griese, etc) or a rookie like Leinart or Cutler (leaving VY out because we'd be undefeated if he was our QB), what do you guys think our record would be?

Collins/Kitna/Griese = 3-8, 4-7 MAYBE.

And what about if we had gone another route with our headcoach? :shrug:

TPS

Fun game

-If we had Tony Romo
5-6 (with a few bad losses and all of the wins being struggles)

We would have struggled early, but Romo would have come around. Romo wouldn't have been able to walk into the locker room with the same presence as Brees and take command of the team.

-if we had Kitna
4-7

A few marginal wins vs crappy teams, some blowout losses vs any of the decent ones.

-if we had Matt Leinart
3-8

Leinart would have good rookie QB stats because of the offense, but the team wouldn't be very cohesive yet. Would have gotten blownout the past 2 weeks without Colston for example because Leinart wouldn't be able to get guys like Copper or Henderson involved to the same extent Brees managed.

I cringe every time Brees gets hit.

It's a little scary being such a one-man team. Not to say that the TEAM doesn't deserve credit... but I don't think this is a winning football team without Drew. Best pickup ever.

I cringe every time Brees gets hit.

It's a little scary being such a one-man team. Not to say that the TEAM doesn't deserve credit... but I don't think this is a winning football team without Drew. Best pickup ever.

Virtually every team in the NFL is a "one-man team" in terms of the QB.

Matt Cassell and the New England Patriots? Jim Sorgi and the Indianapolis Colts?

I mean Jeff Garcia is a more accomplished player then Sorgi, Cassell, or our own Jamie Martin and you can bet Philly is going to struggle with him in there instead of McNabb.

But yeah, I cringe everytime Drew gets hurt too. I didn't even want him to take any snaps in pre-season even though he needed too.

Drew Brees will stay healthy. Drew Brees will stay healthy. Drew Brees will stay healthy. Drew Brees will stay healthy. Drew Brees will stay healthy.

You know what. We're no longer discussing that potential aspect of what can occur to Drew Brees anymore. I can literally feel the evil juju coming through the computer screen from where this thread has turned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom