Recruiting Station in Times Square: Explosion; Bomb Suspected...Homeland Security looking into it. (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
The U.S. Homeland Security Department said it was monitoring and investigating a small explosion that caused minor damage to a U.S. military recruiting center in New York's Times Square area on Thursday.

Asked if there was a link to terrorism in the incident, the department's spokeswoman Laura Keehner said "at this time we're still investigating."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/feedarticle?id=7362681

I'm working in Jersey today. Forget trying to commute in this mess.

It happened overnight (3:45ish) and the overseas media staff was already in the office while our guys were sound asleep.

The subway system is closed and I go through Times Square to get to my office so I decided early not to make that commute.

It happened overnight (3:45ish) and the overseas media staff was already in the office while our guys were sound asleep.

The subway system is closed and I go through Times Square to get to my office so I decided early not to make that commute.

smart choice!! when I go into the city... I catch a bus from Rockaway Mall... Its going to be a MAD HOUSE today!!

Wondermous. Atleast I get out at 49th St. Hopefully, there won't be too many issues up there. Hopefully, it's JUST Times Square that closed and not surrounding stations.

smart choice!! when I go into the city... I catch a bus from Rockaway Mall... Its going to be a MAD HOUSE today!!

Rockaway Mall! That's where we used to shop (we lived in Mt. Tabor).

Yes, I can easily imagine the madhouse in the Times Square area today. Just shutting down that part of the subway system creates severe havoc. Good luck up there, everyone who lives/works in that area.

I heard no announcements at all this morning. Looks like business as usual as far as the subways are concerned. Maybe it didn't affect the N,R,W line.

Yet another reason why I live in Brooklyn. The only thing that disrupts the Q line is construction... or tsunami like rain, but that's rare

Yet another reason why I live in Brooklyn. The only thing that disrupts the Q line is construction... or tsunami like rain, but that's rare

There is no rain associated with Tsunamis. They are caused by underwater earthquakes and cannot be blamed on global warming even though that has been done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom