Red Dead Redemption (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I love in every cut scene my horse is dropping bombs behind the head of who ever is talking.

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i had a run in with the KKK last night....it was hilarious and ended violently
I had a run in with a Grizzly and two wolves at the same time last night. I hear growling and see a Grizzly on it's hind legs looking at me and growling about 30 yards away. As I go for my rifle, I see two wolves charging from the right. So, I shoot the two wolves and by the time I turn was to the Grizzly, he is charging me and about 10 yards away. I get off and few shot and he runs just past me. I hear my horse make nasty noises and I think that he has killed my horse. But then the grizzly runs past me in the opposite direction. Apparently I got off enough shots into him to make him run. I shot the grizzly a few more times to take him down. Luckily he did not kill my horse. But I was close to being stuck in the far north of the map in 2 feet of powdered snow with no horse.

Later, I went to get a hair cut but ended up with a $120 bounty on my head before I could get to the barber.

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, above is a guide to lengendary animal hunting. It give some info on it. The most important bit is that you can use any weapon you want on a legendary animal and shoot them as many times as you want and it won't hurt the pelt. Also, even if you lose the pelt, you can still get the cosmetic item for that pelt from the Trapper.

I found this important since my Legendary Bear pelt disappeared and because I found the legendary ram last night but I though you needed to head shot him with a bow so as to not ruin the bow and he just knocked me down and ran away when one hit in the head with the bow did not kill him.

Also, the dude in the video says you have to use a bow to get a perfect pelt, but I don't think that's true. Some animals, alligators for example, are not one hit head kills with a bow. But you can one hit head shot them with a long range rifle.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I had a run in with a Grizzly and two wolves at the same time last night. I hear growling and see a Grizzly on it's hind legs looking at me and growling about 30 yards away. As I go for my rifle, I see two wolves charging from the right. So, I shoot the two wolves and by the time I turn was to the Grizzly, he is charging me and about 10 yards away. I get off and few shot and he runs just past me. I hear my horse make nasty noises and I think that he has killed my horse. But then the grizzly runs past me in the opposite direction. Apparently I got off enough shots into him to make him run. I shot the grizzly a few more times to take him down. Luckily he did not kill my horse. But I was close to being stuck in the far north of the map in 2 feet of powdered snow with no horse.

Later, I went to get a hair cut but ended up with a $120 bounty on my head before I could get to the barber.
This game would be more fun with grenades.

OP
OP
antipop

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
if you see a body hanging from a cypress tree in the swamps outside of St. Denis, shoot it down

kcirdor

Clackin
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i found some dude that drove his kart over a cliff and picked up a wedding photo and license. Poor dude. I assume i'll need to find his wife... no spoilers.

xpuma20x

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Also, the dude in the video says you have to use a bow to get a perfect pelt, but I don't think that's true. Some animals, alligators for example, are not one hit head kills with a bow. But you can one hit head shot them with a long range rifle.
I killed a deer with the bow, one shot to the head, and it gave me a 1 start (poor) pelt.

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I killed a deer with the bow, one shot to the head, and it gave me a 1 start (poor) pelt.
I think the dude in that video was wrong. Some game you use different weapons. But also, you have to make sure that the animal you shoot is a 3 star animal to start with. You can't get a perfect pelt unless you start with an animal that is 3 stars. You can check that by aiming at them and using R1 (RB) to get info on the animal. That info will also tell you the kind of weapon you need to use to get a perfect pelt. Basically you need to get a one hit kill in a critical spot. Usually the head but you need to make sure you aren't using too strong of a weapon.

One interesting thing is that you don't need a perfect kill on legendary animals. On those you can just do whatever it takes to kill them. Shoot as many times as you need to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
antipop

antipop

Get egg hunts
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
you definitely have to use specific weapons for each 3 star animal to get a perfect pelt...

it seems to be based on size

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MV2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Bill Everything Else Board 11

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom