Red Dead Redemption (3 Viewers)

if you see a body hanging from a cypress tree in the swamps outside of St. Denis, shoot it down

i found some dude that drove his kart over a cliff and picked up a wedding photo and license. Poor dude. I assume i'll need to find his wife... no spoilers.

Also, the dude in the video says you have to use a bow to get a perfect pelt, but I don't think that's true. Some animals, alligators for example, are not one hit head kills with a bow. But you can one hit head shot them with a long range rifle.

I killed a deer with the bow, one shot to the head, and it gave me a 1 start (poor) pelt.

I killed a deer with the bow, one shot to the head, and it gave me a 1 start (poor) pelt.

I think the dude in that video was wrong. Some game you use different weapons. But also, you have to make sure that the animal you shoot is a 3 star animal to start with. You can't get a perfect pelt unless you start with an animal that is 3 stars. You can check that by aiming at them and using R1 (RB) to get info on the animal. That info will also tell you the kind of weapon you need to use to get a perfect pelt. Basically you need to get a one hit kill in a critical spot. Usually the head but you need to make sure you aren't using too strong of a weapon.

One interesting thing is that you don't need a perfect kill on legendary animals. On those you can just do whatever it takes to kill them. Shoot as many times as you need to.

Last edited:
you definitely have to use specific weapons for each 3 star animal to get a perfect pelt...

it seems to be based on size

This game continues to be really detailed and full of surprises after a week of obsessive playing. Just amazing that no two missions are alike and how they manage to surprise you over and over again.

i found an old run down shack with a cauldron brewing in it...

i found an old run down shack with a cauldron brewing in it...

There is some kind of witch or serial killer out there. I found a body without at head or lower body, covered in blood, and tied by two arms into a tree. It had torches in the ground around it but it was hard to tell if half had been eaten or what was going on. It was dark and storming with lightning and pretty spooky. There have been a few other similar things around too.

I also found a tiny church with tiny pews in it. Perfect for zeetes.

Last edited:
Did yall find the Cult cabin full of skeletons?

This game continues to be really detailed and full of surprises after a week of obsessive playing. Just amazing that no two missions are alike and how they manage to surprise you over and over again.

It's mostly just a bunch of horseback riding. And then you think you have an innocuous encounter and it's a group of thugs that blows your head off. This game is dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom