Red Dead Redemption (3 Viewers)

i finished the game this weekend...

it's a fantastic game and R* created something very special that can hopefully move the entire industry forward....the story is top tier for any kind of entertainment medium....the attention to detail is just ridiculous and there is so much to do in the game....

that being said, it's just not the GOTY for me....apparently, R* was too busy creating the world and story to put any effort in to the actual gameplay mechanics...the gun combat is not engaging and the maylay combat is pretty terrible....

and some of the 'survival' mechanics of the game are just cumbersome....eventually, you don't have to pay as much attention to them....except you always have to brush the damn horse...

anyway, the game really is special in a lot of ways...but some aspects are baffling to me....God of War is still my GOTY because it basically gets everything right...the story might not be as good as RDR2 but story is just one aspect of GOTYness

i finished the game this weekend...

it's a fantastic game and R* created something very special that can hopefully move the entire industry forward....the story is top tier for any kind of entertainment medium....the attention to detail is just ridiculous and there is so much to do in the game....

that being said, it's just not the GOTY for me....apparently, R* was too busy creating the world and story to put any effort in to the actual gameplay mechanics...the gun combat is not engaging and the maylay combat is pretty terrible....

and some of the 'survival' mechanics of the game are just cumbersome....eventually, you don't have to pay as much attention to them....except you always have to brush the damn horse...

anyway, the game really is special in a lot of ways...but some aspects are baffling to me....God of War is still my GOTY because it basically gets everything right...the story might not be as good as RDR2 but story is just one aspect of GOTYness

Other than the wonky controls which are pretty much so the same as Rockstar has had for the last couple GTAs and RDR1, the game is spectacular. The attention to detail is great, but what really stands out for me is the story telling and that has set a high bar that will be difficult for other developers to reach. So, to me, it's a close call with God of War. But I give the edge to RDR2 because although the GoW controls are top notch, the combat does get rather repetitive and goes a little bit much toward button mashing in GoW, and the sheer scope and story telling push RDR2 over the top for me. GoW is still an amazing game, I just think RDR2 is something that will change gaming from this point forward. I see it as GoW perfected the Action Button Masher where as RDR2 changed the game and revolutionized Adventure Games/Open World gaming.

On a side note, if we could combine Bungie's controls and hit detection with Rockstar's story telling, you would have a perfect game.

Did yall find the Cult cabin full of skeletons?

I found an abandoned cabin at the top of a hill with skulls in it. It was more like an abandoned compund. I brought the horse in, but it got spooked and gtfo.

Wierd music started to play. As I was leaving there was a red dot suggesting a predator was near, but I saw nothing. Sure enough I didn't look down. Got bit by a Northern Copperhead before I killed and skinned it.

FYI, will need some gensing or your health core will drain faster than normal (they made reading your health status uncessecarily complicated).

I'm also with Buzd. Game si alright but not the best ever. Certainly not on the GTA level. Full of glitches too.

Last edited:
"I'm also with Buzd. Game si alright but not the best ever. Certainly not on the GTA level."

Well, GTA is in a league of its own. In my opinion, no other open-world game can ever top the GTA series.

GTA 5 is more fun to play, but RDR2 has a much better story. RDR2 is like a playable movie where as GTA 5 is still a video game. The characters in RDR2 are fully developed where as in GTA 5, there are caricatures of modern day criminals. I get how some wouldn't be into the way RDR2 works, but I think it's brilliant as art and very good as a game.

Man, it's had to commit crimes in Saint Denis.

Now that I've learned how to fully do everything without getting killed I started over, and I'm avoiding St. Denis as long as I can.

They did a brilliant job on 1899 French Quarter, but I pretty much get killed every time I go there.

One other funny thing, when you're out in the bayous, you can still see mountains in the background. :whistle:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom