red onions (1 Viewer)

red onions

• no

• yes because my taste buds are dead

• tacoes, god's red onion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Omg that looks sooo good!

Yeah, they're awesome along w/ the rest of the menu, but alas, my buddy who owns it has been forced to shut down for now b/c of the pandemic... I hope he can re-open at some point...

Yeah, they're awesome along w/ the rest of the menu, but alas, my buddy who owns it has been forced to shut down for now b/c of the pandemic... I hope he can re-open at some point...

I hope he can as well. Where is this at? I'll have to visit if I'm ever in the area.

Charlies been around forever

Back in the day the quickest way to piss them off was ask about steak sauce.

My buddy bought it after Katrina and re-opened it... yeah, their waiters are great for comedy, basically, you ain't ordering for yourself, they'll do it for ya hehe...

My buddy bought it after Katrina and re-opened it... yeah, their waiters are great for comedy, basically, you ain't ordering for yourself, they'll do it for ya hehe...

Before that it was run by some crotchety old Italians
My grandfather brought a severely overweight friend once....there was a waiter named Petro who was kind of a jerk. When the friend asked for a menu, Petro said "you doan need no menu. You want steak, you stay. You dont want steak, you go."
The only thing you were allowed to put on the steak was butter but when the friend asked for butter, Petro said "You doan need no butter...you too fat already"

Before that it was run by some crotchety old Italians
My grandfather brought a severely overweight friend once....there was a waiter named Petro who was kind of a jerk. When the friend asked for a menu, Petro said "you doan need no menu. You want steak, you stay. You dont want steak, you go."
The only thing you were allowed to put on the steak was butter but when the friend asked for butter, Petro said "You doan need no butter...you too fat already"

My friend made it a point to try and re-hire a bunch of the old waiters, not sure if Petro was one of them, but that's hilarious...

My friend made it a point to try and re-hire a bunch of the old waiters, not sure if Petro was one of them, but that's hilarious...

Nah....Petro was off the boat Sicilian and he went back well before Katrina. We are talking way back here

Nah....Petro was off the boat Sicilian and he went back well before Katrina. We are talking way back here
Well, the guys my friend had working there are (were) pretty ornery too hahaha... gotta keep it Charlie's...

Haven't been since I was a kid in the 70s before my grandparents moved across the lake. reading that article was a blast from the past. I'll have to visit again when this virus leaves us.

The only place I ever remember anyone being rude to my Grandfather was Charlie's and he seemed to enjoy it. They called him by his first name which was also very odd for me to hear from anyone except my Grandmother.

Good memories.

Red onions can be really strong, best to cut them and then soak hem in Ice water for a few minutes if serving raw. It melllows them out a ton without changing the flavor and makes them crisper.

Red onions can be really strong, best to cut them and then soak hem in Ice water for a few minutes if serving raw. It melllows them out a ton without changing the flavor and makes them crisper.

I've noticed this as well. If I ever use them, I normally soak them in cold or ice water before putting them in a salad or sandwich.

I like them shaved super thin on my hoagies. I never cook with them though, but do like them on a salad.

What's wrong with strong flavors? You guys from Baton Rouge or something? Diet beer and Light Hot Sauce?

Kidding. sorta

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom