Red Rifle has lost 12 consecutive prime time road games. Gets start for MNF on the Road against division leading TB. (1 Viewer)

I think some people just can't look beyond him being a former division rival. Of course we only looked for the bad. I'd be doing the same thing as them if we had Matt Ryan on the team. I don't get mad about it, just a little frustrated that people don't seem to look beyond box scores.

Bottom tier defenses every year he was there, only one season with a running game, and bad o-line. Injuries, retirements, FAs cashing in after a Super Bowl win, and one guy in particular's CTE manifesting tends to have an effect on whether or not you can win multiple Super Bowls.

We were never really as dominant against Tampa when Jameis was there, at least not to the degree we mostly have been against Tom.
Here is your list for when he leaves here:

1. Sean Payton left
2. Had to fill Brees's footsteps
3. No receivers
4. Thomas hurt
5. Racist fanbase
6. Injuries
7. Weird turf in the dome
8. Curse under the dome
9. Refs hated him
10. Never given a real shot
11. Dennis Allen was his coach
12. Pete Carmichael was his OC

He had 3 different head coaches in 5 years in Tampa Bay.

Anyone who thinks Jamies got a "shot in Tampa Bay wasn't paying attention.
So then you're saying Bruce Arians was the difference maker in Tampa's success? According to most everyone in here he is a buffoon so...I'm confused...

It really doesn't matter, the discussion is pointless. JW ain't gonna play another down under DA...just not going to happen. Only way possible for him to play another game in B&G is if another HC and OC is brought in and wants to run a season with him otherwise he's going to be competing for a starting gig in Indy or something

It's Taytime in '23!

Bruce Arians Ran him out of town to bring in Brady, and then Brady got him fired.

Total Karma.
LMBO!!! I was just thinking about this the other day. The Bucs chose Brady over BA and gave him an office job..lol
Along with an 83/63 TD to INT ratio in those 3 seasons. Let's not cherry pick.
I don't think there was cherry picking, as interceptions weren't brought up but do we really care about them when Drew Brees was only 2nd to Eli Manning in interceptions during his prime. It didn't matter because Drew was also slanging TDs, which is why I thought it was funny he tried to handcuff Jameis when Drew Brees didn't throw less than double digit interceptions until he started dinking and dunking

Along with an 83/63 TD to INT ratio in those 3 seasons. Let's not cherry pick.
That comes with a "gunslinger" approach to QB. Farve will have a similar ratio over just about any 5-year span.

Payton Manning threw 100 Ints his first 5 seasons, compared to Winston's 88.

Eli Manning career TD/ints is similar at 366/244.
Warren Moon was 291/233.

Acting like Winston's TD to Int Ratio is some giant red flag or some outlier in pass happy offenses is just foolish.

That comes with a "gunslinger" approach to QB. Farve will have a similar ratio over just about any 5-year span.

Payton Manning threw 100 Ints his first 5 seasons, compared to Winston's 88.

Eli Manning career TD/ints is similar at 366/244.
Warren Moon was 291/233.

Acting like Winston's TD to Int Ratio is some giant red flag or some outlier in pass happy offenses is just foolish.
Sometimes I wonder if you guys even watch football. "Interceptions don't matter when you're a gunslinger!" Do you even listen to yourselves?

LMBO!!! I was just thinking about this the other day. The Bucs chose Brady over BA and gave him an office job..lol

I don't think there was cherry picking, as interceptions weren't brought up but do we really care about them when Drew Brees was only 2nd to Eli Manning in interceptions during his prime. It didn't matter because Drew was also slanging TDs, which is why I thought it was funny he tried to handcuff Jameis when Drew Brees didn't throw less than double digit interceptions until he started dinking and dunking
Oh, so this is about Drew now?

Winston's TD to Int ratios are in line with some first ballot hall of famers.

They are not the indictment of his ability that you seem to think it is.

This isn't window dressing; these are hard facts.

You are twisting words to attempt to discredit me, as an attempt to discredit my point.
This is a logical fallacy.

Your use of this logical fallacy shows you have already lost this debate.

Winston's TD to Int ratios are in line with some first ballot hall of famers.

They are not the indictment of his ability that you seem to think it is.

This isn't window dressing; these are hard facts.

You are twisting words to attempt to discredit me, as an attempt to discredit my point.
This is a logical fallacy.

Your use of this logical fallacy shows you have already lost this debate.
I'll tell you what then....when Winston becomes a first ballot Hall of Famer we can revisit this conversation where I will gladly admit that the interceptions didn't really matter in the end. Have a nice day

Nope...I just mentioned that it is funny that Saints fans want to care about interceptions now when they didn't care about them before 2016.
Well when Winston single-handedly saves a franchise, breaks almost every major passing record there is, wins a Superbowl, and becomes Superbowl MVP...I will be the first to admit that all his interceptions really never mattered in the grand scheme of things. Have a nice day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom