Washington Football Team has lost DC (1 Viewer)

LA says hold my beer.
Loathe that city and their traffic. And I’ve lived in Houston many years.....

D.C. And LA alternate 1 and 2 every year to win the "Nation's Worst Traffic" title

I've never been to LA but I think DC takes the crown

Why?

There is no chance of snow in LA

Just a half inch of snow falling in DC Metro can add hours to your commute

Last edited:
I liked LA as a city a lot more than I thought I would, but on both visits I was VERY lucky to be visiting friends willing to drive me around. If I had to negotiate that traffic myself, I might've had different thoughts.

LA says hold my beer.
Loathe that city and their traffic. And I’ve lived in Houston many years.....

I recently moved to the DC metro area. I turned my realtor and a few of my coworkers into saints fans because of the state of the Redskins. It started as a joke saying the bandwagon is always willing to Foster you until you get a new owner. I swear they were both so desperately looking for a football team to get behind. I'm almost sure they ended up here a few times during the season just based on some of the conversations I have with the them.

For them it's no endgame in sight. The running joke here is yeah the dolphins suck but at least they are trying to rebuild through the draft. Haskins career was ruined the day he was drafted to the skins. Everytime I turn in local radio the Redskins guys are miserable.

It's not even close to the same effort that the Bensons have put into the Saints or the Pelicans. The Redskins practice facility in Ashburn VA is a complete joke, I always passed it saying what is the eyesore (looks like a giant blob/spacewalk looking thing held down by truck straps)? And my realtor said that's the Redskins practice facility. I showed him pictures of the Saints facility in Metairie and he was almost in tears. Its time Snyder sold the team. Its hard to even watch a game.Screenshot_20191118-230321.png

Last edited:
.........Tyskowski’s family has had season tickets for nearly 50 years. Warrick has rarely missed a game since 2008. Barring unforeseen changes to Washington’s front office before renewals come due, both men plan to give up their tickets after this season.

“Look how empty the parking lot is,” Tyskowski said of that tailgating photo, which was taken before Washington’s “Monday Night Football” loss to the Bears in September.

“I’ve heard from about five or six of those guys that they’re not coming back next year, either.

There’s probably 20 other people that we tailgate with regularly, but the group keeps getting smaller and smaller.”...........

It’s a baseball and hockey town now. I have family living there. Back in the 90s, they were rabid Redskins fans and now those same folks don’t pay attention to them at all. I have cousins that can tell me everything I never wanted to know about the Nats players. I know they could not name the Redskins starters if their lives depended on it.

Tyskowski, who lives in Arlington, has 10- and 14-year-old sons of his own, and while he always figured he’d pass the tickets on to them one day, they’d much rather go watch D.C.’s more successful hockey and baseball teams.

“I’ve taught them to be hardcore home team fans, and they are Redskins fans, but they’ve been picked on at school because of it,” he said. “All of their friends are Capitals and Nationals fans, but there are very few kids who are Redskins fans.”........

The crazy thing is the oldest teams football/mens'basketball have been eclipse by recent teams that have been along far less: Caps (hockey), Mystics womens' basketball, Nats (baseball). Synder has blown up a legacy built on 3 SBs and a HOF coach, that's hard to do.

The first Saints game I ever saw in person was when I was 5 and George Rogers set the still-stands-today single-game rushing record against the then St. Louis Cardinals (Saints win 28-17). Rogers was my first Saints jersey.
I was at that game too...in the cheap seats high above the endzone with my nephew Ned. An older Saints fan behind me was complaining about us running big George so much. The here he comes, right at us, off tackle for 70 yards and the score. I yelled at the old dude, That’s why we keep running him!

Great game

The crazy thing is the oldest teams football/mens'basketball have been eclipse by recent teams that have been along far less: Caps (hockey), Mystics womens' basketball, Nats (baseball). Synder has blown up a legacy built on 3 SBs and a HOF coach, that's hard to do.

Those teams are delivering winning seasons after winning seasons, bringing championships along the way, whereas the Skins are bringing pain, suffering, ridicule, and PSLs.

If you wanted to watch live sports in D.C., do you make the miserable drive to Landover to spend money out of the wazoo (just parking, the cheapest is $55.00) just to watch the football team embarrass themselves in that uncomfortable monstrosity that is Fed Ex Field, or do you take the metro to watch the best, highest scoring team in the NHL in the comfy (although perhaps a bit cold for some) Capitol One Center, knowing most likely than not you'll see your team win a decently officiated game?

Jason Simmons decided enough was enough Oct. 7, when Washington Redskins team president Bruce Allen told a group of reporters that the organization’s culture was “actually damn good” at a news conference to announce coach Jay Gruden’s firing.

“That was the last straw for me,” said Simmons, a 38-year-old lifelong Redskins fan who grew up in Bowie, Md., and now lives in Cincinnati. “How can you be so obtuse and blind?”...........

The erosion of the Redskins’ once-proud fan base has, by all appearances, continued in Allen’s 10th full season as owner Daniel Snyder’s top lieutenant.

It’s evident in the sections of empty seats and opposing-team supporters at FedEx Field, as well as the $4 tickets on the secondary market and the season ticket holders who vow they won’t renew.

Amid the exodus, a small but seemingly growing contingent of Redskins fans have done the once unthinkable, switching their attention and allegiance to the Baltimore Ravens.........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom