N/S Redskins surprisingly cut 2018 leading tackler Mason Foster right before camp (1 Viewer)

Foster's agent isn't mincing any words... :scratch:

Foster_Redskins-AGENT statement.JPG

He'll too talented, and will certainly sign with another team!

:gosaints:

Last edited:
Yea he wont be jobless long, hes always been the grinder of a player. Someone who doesnt get recognition but always does his job.

Wouldnt be surprised if the Giants sign him being that they need LB'rs and he would be in the same division. Could be a win-win for both the Giants and Foster

Redskins fans on Twitter don’t seem heartbroken.

That's because he got caught dissing the Skins and the fans on social media. He said F the team and F the fans.

I'm sure we wouldn't shed a tear over a dude that had said that stuff either.:shrug:

I mean it was supposed to be private but he still said it.

Also Foster is a good player but he isn't elite. He's not irreplaceable or anything. The dude is very slow and is a huge liability on passing downs. Backers like Mason are becoming an endangered species in the league.

Last edited:
Supposedly, during the 2011 NFL draft, the Saints spoke with Mason Foster and told him they were going to select him with their 3rd round pick if he was on the board.

The pick came up, Foster was still available, and the Saints selected Martez Wilson instead. I remember hearing that Foster was really ticked (understandably).

Foster went on to be pretty solid to start off his career in Tampa. Meanwhile, Martez Wilson was..... not.

Wow. Cut the man on his way to training camp.

I admit it is odd to cut your leading tackler and defensive captain the day before training camp starts and not have an explanation as to why. At the very least you think they could have traded him for something they needed before the deadline a while back. I wonder if there is something more behind the scenes we don't know about yet.

Even if he wasn't the best player or the best guy in the world, that's not the best way to treat somebody, unless something happened in the last 48 hours, in which case if it were that serious you have the player come in and do it face to face, man to man.

Which is not the way the Snyder Redskins have traditionally operated, and they have the results to prove it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom