N/S Redskins surprisingly cut 2018 leading tackler Mason Foster right before camp (1 Viewer)

I remember when Stephone Anthony was our leading tackler.

Yep. And I remember when Curtis Lofton was leading the team in tackles by a large margin. At the time I thought he was good but now that we have a LBer who is actually good in Demario Davis, I can see the difference.

Even if he wasn't the best player or the best guy in the world, that's not the best way to treat somebody, unless something happened in the last 48 hours, in which case if it were that serious you have the player come in and do it face to face, man to man.

Which is not the way the Snyder Redskins have traditionally operated, and they have the results to prove it.

They continue to support the notion that they are the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL owner and front office wise....and their oft-injured probowl LT is not reporting to training camp because he believes the medical staff is less than stellar.....

Yep. And I remember when Curtis Lofton was leading the team in tackles by a large margin. At the time I thought he was good but now that we have a LBer who is actually good in Demario Davis, I can SEE the difference.

Yep! Safe to say, Davis passed the “EYE TEST” !

And his numbers backed it up too. If ur a “stat head” ( like I am), I suggest going to Pro Football Reference.com. Love the site. Lots of stats n very easy to use, even for an old fart like me! ? :

If u click on any defensive category, you’ll see that DD finished at or near the top in most of em!

Demario was better than good. He made an IMPACT! :9:

I gotta stand up for Lofton, he was a good player and a good leader. He was limited in coverage and more of an older-style player. Davis is just great and is a more modern player who can cover better, but that doesn't mean Lofton wasn't good.

Last edited:
I gotta stand up for Lofton, he was a good player and a good leader. He was limtied in coverage and more of an older-style player. Davis is just great and is a more modern player who can cover better, but that doesn't mean Lofton wasn't good.

Oh no he was actually great...at tackling the guy after he gets 7 yards on Lofton.

Do you not realize that statement doesn’t even make sense? How is he going to tackle someone 7 yards ahead of him?

I gotta stand up for Lofton, he was a good player and a good leader. He was limtied in coverage and more of an older-style player. Davis is just great and is a more modern player who can cover better, but that doesn't mean Lofton wasn't good.

You're right. Lofton was a good MLBer who was caught in a transition in the way the game was played. In another era he could've been great but his limitations in coverage left him exposed far too often. When you think about it though, everyone was exposed on those defenses back then.

If those defenses were any more "exposed," they would have to register as sex offenders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom