Reduce special teams (1 Viewer)

SouthernMissSaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Would it be unthinkable to simply go for 2 after every TD, and take the ball out of kickers hand. Or foot. I trust our offense more from the 2yard line than our kicking unit.

Also, anything on fourth down inside the 30, go for it. It would fuel our attitude of do whatever it takes to win.
Anything outside the 40, punt and set our defense up in decent shape. Our defense in fueled up. I expect improvement to continue. These players want to win now.

30-40 yard line would be the tricky part. Play it by the situation. Am I crazy here?

Sunday was the first time in years I was eager to see the defense play. They were flying around and played with aggression. Not scared at all. Can't wait until next game to see how many sacks and TOs they will have. Again, am I crazy here?

I could see forcing it more on 4th down and short. If it's 4th and 3 or less, why not? But imagine a 4th and 15 at their 20. That's a pretty low percentage conversion play.

For field goals shorter than 40 yards, why not just scoot Lutz back 2-3 yards to give the kick more time/distance to get higher before it crosses the line? He has the leg strength. This could easily be done on extra points. Unless this would royally mess up the timing/process of the long snapper getting the ball to the holder.

If blocking is more of the issue, I think again, scoot back further, but also have Morstead look more to the line right before Lutz kicks and and pull it back if there is significant penetration. Might be too fast to make that decision.

I had the same thought, then i watched Pitt-Dallas. Watch that game from this week and tell me you still want to do that.

I would go for it if it is 4th and 3 or less instead of kicking field goals. We are converting 3rd down and 3 or less at a ridiculous 81%+ rate. I think that might actually be better than our field goal rate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom