Ref blown call for the Seahawks game prediction (1 Viewer)

No. I think that they will kick us while we're down and try to take us out of the playoff picture while they can. The conspiracy theorist in me says that the NFL is starting to blatantly show how they want games to go. It's been a progression that started with calls/non-calls that just influenced how a game went in an effort to not be obvious. Yet fans still bought merchandise and came to the games. So, they kept pushing the line more and more and we, as fans, still watched the games. We had Bountygate and still haven't seen the evidence yet, other certain teams have evidence against them and get off with a lighter penalty. Now, they just don't care. The talking heads say it's incompetent officials. All of a sudden, they don't know how to call an obvious penalty or know the number one rule, "Let the play finish then review"?
Oh well, conspiracy over. lol. Let's take advantage of this opportunity TB and TH to get VALUABLE experience and kick some you know what.
The only way to successfully pull off a conspiracy, is plausible deniability.

When fans scream conspiracy, the league will say “Look at this six game stretch, not a single bad call. The Saints got a few bad calls this season, it’s just a coincidence, we’ll try to fix it next year.”

For a conspiracy to work there has to be room for doubt. If we get bad calls every game it’s too obvious. With Drew out, I’m sure the league is content with rolling the dice and just hoping we lose.

Are we really going to do this? If you’re watching something to give yourself something to complain about, then why even watch? Fans across the league are calling Saints fans complainers, and this thread certainly doesn’t help. Just don’t watch!

Its a very tough thing for some people.

I was born a Saints fan. My mother did not attend the first ever Saints regular season game because I was due to pop out of her at any minute. My dad did attend and his original ticket is basically a family heirloom.

My mom has pictures of us with Archie in 1971, his rookie year.

My family held seasons tickets for nearly three decades.

I lived far from New Orleans for most of those three decades but watched religiously, paying whatever it took to watch games. I remember traveling on Sundays and renting a hotel room just to watch the game for three hours and then continuing on the road.

Recently, I moved close enough to use a ticket and traveled by airline to every home game, spending well over $1000 per game just to be there.

Over the decades, I have heard and dismissed every theory about how the NFL is rigged.

And then January 20, 2019, from my seat close to the Poydras Street end zone, I watched the NFL rigging the outcome. It wasn't just the "no-call". The entire game felt like the refs were shading towards the Rams. And then it happened. I texted a buddy seconds after it happened. I said "If the Rams win, I am done with the NFL". It was so obvious to those in attendance.

My family, independent of me as I was not a season ticket holder, no longer has those season tickets. I no longer travel to the games and no longer pay to watch. My plan was to basically ignore the NFL but my mother is having a hard time letting go as the Saints are a strong connection to my Dad, now gone. She still wants to talk Saints so I have relented a bit and find a free stream to put on in the background.

Last week, when Cam was running, I said out loud, to myself, "The play will be blown dead and the Saints will get the ball on the spot". I turned the stream off shortly after that.

The NFL has destroyed a family tradition and made me doubt if any of the meager glory to come our way is real.

SB XLIV sure looks like a great NFL feel good story that certainly boosted revenue.

Football is meaningless. Not being emotionally invested has been very liberating and a very long time ago, true Saints fans did not let the outcome of the game produce any real emotional effects or distress.

Family is not meaningless and what seems to be a rather obvious attempt by a league of billionaires to sully decades of shared experience in order to boost a few large markets is depressing and disappointing.

So I will likely find a stream and pay cursory attention so I can participate in conversations with my mother. I hope TB really lights it up so all of the yahoos hoping he fails will get a kick in the nads.

There will be no egregriously bad calls against the Saints today. Seattle is not the flavor to be favored by the NFL this year. The game will be equally badly officiated for both sides or will possibly favor the Saints to sucker some of the Saints fan base back in.

Seattle scores first in first quarter with a field goal, refs somehow let the next 52 minutes run off the clock by accident. League says it was an honest mistake. People are not perfect and accidents happen.

It will be subtle. At least one positive play negated on offense and one on defense. That’s all it typically takes in the NFL to push the game in favor of one team.

Death by 1,000 cuts. Multiple holding calls by the OL, to negate 20+ yard plays. Peat, Worford, Ram, makes no difference. Also, I think Teddy is not only Teddy Checkdown, but he's become gun shy. The refs are officially the new laughing stock.

"There's no foul for the Offense having 12 men in the huddle we'll just allow the Seahawks to take a grace timeout."

Will they take away this Vonn Bell fumble recovery TD?

Phew they didn't but I bet those guys in NY were squirming, in their hearts they wanted to overturn it so bad.

"There's no foul for the Offense having 12 men in the huddle we'll just allow the Seahawks to take a grace timeout."
There was also a completely phantom false start on our first offensive drive that helped to stall it. I couldn't see a single bit of movement on the replay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom