Referee crew from saints cowboys and chiefs chargers. (1 Viewer)

That last Mike Williams TD it seems like they were trying so hard to overturn it. Think of something that would over rule it lol

It was such an Obvious catch. Took them like 10 min to decide... unbelievable

I know one thing. Whoever was part of that crew tonight needs to be fired
Why would they get fired for doing their job? Every week of the NFL this happens. It's not incompetence. People make up excuses for them every week. They are too old, the speed of the game... Look at the technology in the game. It's stupid easy to make all the correct calls, never miss a call, etc. But they keep doing it.

They are paid only $200k a year and are protected by the shield. Think about it. It's always been about money.

That last Mike Williams TD it seems like they were trying so hard to overturn it. Think of something that would over rule it lol

It was such an Obvious catch. Took them like 10 min to decide... unbelievable

Really, because I thought he clearly pushed off on the td catch and the play before when they called defensive pass interference, he pushed off with one arm out getting separation and neither was called. That call got them down to the one. Aikman even thought both were offensive pass interference. Williams doesn't have nearly enough skins on the wall to get those kinds of no calls imo....

Said it about the Dallas game, this crew absolutely is the “most experienced” crew in the League... the most experienced at swaying the game in the League’s favor.

And they certainly tried their hardest tonight. Especially on the Chiefs’ drive to go up 28-14, four drive-extending penalties against the Chargers on one drive. Told you all you needed to know. They relaxed the ticky-tack stuff afterward until the final PI which also was sketchy.

it's always the refs fault, never the team for making mistakes.

People aren't saying that the penalties weren't correct calls. In some cases they were. In some they weren't. The complaint is that the officials aren't calling it the same for both sides. That's cheating.

I missed a lot of the game, but that missed helmet to helmet on Rivers was terrible. He had a knee down and was giving himself up and he got the crown of a helmet in his ear hole. I just don't get how they're missing these easy calls.

I know people are against replay in general but I think every play should be reviewable for penalties. It's an aspect of the game that can change the outcome yet many times the refs get it wrong. Imagine if they could look at PI calls. I know of 2 last night that were called that I saw nothing on. That stuff extends drives and changes the outcome of a game. Since they're obviously not going to relax the rule to make it even then let's looking at them and make sure they're legit. Replay adds time to the game but so does 1.2 million penalty flags so maybe it'll make the refs positive they saw something before throwing it.

its a lot easier for us to see it for what it is when we have 10 angles and 30 replays in slow motion. These guys are on the field at full speed ground level trying to see 100 things in one play.

its a lot easier for us to see it for what it is when we have 10 angles and 30 replays in slow motion. These guys are on the field at full speed ground level trying to see 100 things in one play.
Excuses. You can watch the stuff happen in front of their eyes and they still don't make the call. Those spearing shots that went uncalled happened right in front of the official. There is multiple officials getting 30 replays, every play, in the booth. They still get it wrong.

I hate the NFL conspiracy theorists so I’ll just say that the first TD drive of the 4th quarter for the Chiefs was poorly officiated.

Even Aikman commented that they aren’t letting them play evenly on both sides when referring to ghost penalties on the Chargers and the Chiefs getting away with all kinds of crap.

Me too, but you have to admit it's worrying when just 1 twisted official can determine the outcome of games. It worries me, but I don't let it dominate my perception of the NFL. If I knew the Refs were held to account for bad games, I would feel better, but I don't know that.

To answer the OP, yes, it was Walt Anderson's crew that worked last night's game and Saints @ Cowboys.

Now that Jeff Triplette is out of the league, he's taken over as the ref you most hate to see calling your game (though Jerome Boger is a close second).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom