Referee's (2 Viewers)

Broadcast Angles: Replay is wholly dependent on video angles shown by broadcast networks. They control not only which angles are shown, but they also control when they are shown, whether they are shown in full speed or slow motion, and the beginning and end of the action shown. Prior to a coach’s challenge, the replay official and individuals in the coaches’ both receive the same feed from the network. Additionally, the number of video angles will vary during each of the game windows due to the number of cameras used by the network.

I assume this applies to all replay and this may be a hidden issue too. I was under the impression that replay officials got to see all angels available but this makes it sound like what angles and at what speeds the officials view the replay are entirely up to the video network covering the game. So there is going to be both a lack of consistency in available camera angles from game to game based on how a network broadcast's its game AND depending on who is determining what to pass along to the replay officials the network could inadvertently be providing biased video angles to the review team to begin with.

NFL Referee's have become the worst Officiator's in Professional Sports. They have become pathetic.

First, Ted Ginn JR. caught the ball. His hands were under the ball, and the ball never touched the ground. Replay clearly showed this. Yet, for some reason, they called it incomplete, even after watching it on Replay. I couldn't believe it. Are they blind? Do they need to borrow my glasses? Pathetic.

The Dallas Cowpukes game was another example. At the end of the game, they literally did everything in their power to give the Pukes the game. Only, Dallas is so overated, they couldn't take it. If you watched the game, their offense is not what got them down the field to score, it was the Ref's. 1st and 27, and they give them a 1st down, and 15 yards. Something like 4 penalties on that drive to get them down the field. Pathetic.

PI's, Holdings, Defensive Holdings, Illegal Procedures.......Many times, you watch the plays, and they aren't even Penalties - just a phantom call by the worst Ref's in Professional Sports. These guys are a joke, and are getting worst every year. Heck, that no call against us last year that cost us a Superbowl was a joke. 2 Ref's standing right there - one behind, and one in front of the play - and they called nothing? It was clear they were wanting the Rams to win, and that is why they didn't call the penalty.

Something has to be done to address this issue by the NFL. If the Ref's they have can't get the job done, then hire new ones. There has to be repurcussions on a job badly done. Period.
They also tried to help the Cowboys against the Packers last week. Especially in a late drive. It's getting obvious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom