Referee's (1 Viewer)

Ted caught the ball with his hands under but as he turned while going down the ball was between his bicep/forearm and the tip did touch the ground. Me and my nephew were going back and forth about this during the game lol. I said "the call will stand as the ball, (I paused the game to show him when it touched the ground), touches right there"

Ted caught the ball with his hands under but as he turned while going down the ball was between his bicep/forearm and the tip did touch the ground. Me and my nephew were going back and forth about this during the game lol. I said "the call will stand as the ball, (I paused the game to show him when it touched the ground), touches right there"

1571063089140.png

The refs on the field are a reflection of their leader - Alberto Riveron. He was a terrible official and is a terrible head of officiating.

Jim Nantz was about to jump out of the booth in the game he was calling because the officiating was so pathetic.

Doesn't matter if the ball touches the ground. If it doesn't move, it's a catch. That ball never moved in his hands.

And in all fairness, the non call PI that the Jags challenged, probably was PI, since the Saints defender hit the receiver, then the ball hit the defender’s head. But this continues to go along with the agenda of the refs not overturning PI calls/no-calls. But in reality, it was DPI. I was a bit surprised the refs didn’t call it on replay to payback the Saints for forcing the new rule. Glad it went in our favor.

I thought Ginn caught/controlled the ball, but the point did touch the ground. The subjectiveness of the "under control" issue is the reason the call was confirmed. I can see how the thought process was no incontrovertible evidence of control while the ball touched the ground. All that said, NFL officiating has been terrible.

I disagree on the Ginn catch. I thought it clearly showed the tip of the ball touching the ground as he was in the process of the catch. It could be argued that he had control as the ball touched, making it a catch, but there wasn't "clear and conclusive" evidence of that. If the call had been called a catch originally, I also don't think there would have been enough evidence to say it wasn't a catch. It's one of those "stands as called" either way it was originally called.

There was one replay where you could see it bounce but it was really hard to tell. So I agree with you it wasn't "clear and conclusive".

At least they are consistent with one thing. They refuse to overturn pass interference calls.

Comparatively speaking I thought the referees for this last game were very good....they are always going to miss some calls even with replay....but as long as they are consistent and there aren't egregious missed or made calls clearly favoring one side then I'm fine with them...

At least they are consistent with one thing. They refuse to overturn pass interference calls.
It has been said that this is intentional, on the part of the refs. Further reinforced by Riveron & his BS "explanations" of blown replay calls.

Referees are there partially to make sure games are kept competitive. Officiating accurately is not as much of a priority as keeping people glued to the game until the last drive.

I thought the refs yesterday were fine. They mostly kept the flags in their pockets and didn't try to control the game. As for the Ginn call, at first I thought it was a catch, but they called it incomplete on the field and there was nothing on replay to overturn it. I actually thought the ball touched the ground before Ginn controlled it, so it was probably the right call.

I don't expect them to be perfect. The only thing I ask is that they not influence the outcome of games ala the NFCCG.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom