Refs cost us this one (1 Viewer)

I have to agree that the refs in the 2nd half did impact several drives which ended up costing the Saints the game.

Back to back plays on NYG 3rd Qtr drive for a FG to make it 10-3:
- Missed a OL grab the facemask of Onyemata, turning his head.
- No call on OBVIOUS holding of Edebali who would have sacked Manning. Manning threw a 13 yard pass for the 1st down on this play, instead of facing a 2nd and 35 if both penalties had been called.

4th Q Saints drive for a FG that made it 10-10:
Back to back no Pass Interference calls on NYG vs Cooks (defender used an arm bar at to hold Cooks back - always called!) and Coleman (defender grabbed his right hand before the ball arrived and Coleman couldn't hold on with only one hand).

4th Q Saints drive for a FG to tie the game at 13-13:
3rd & 8 incomplete to Coleman - Oliver anticipated the snap count and was over the line by 2 feet before the ball is snapped - no call.

I don't agree with the PI call on Moore at the end but there was contact, although it did not impact the play like the 2 above not called on NYG.

I did not see similar missed calls impacting NYG. So while the Saints did not play well, the refs had a very significant impact on the final score.

I have to agree that the refs in the 2nd half did impact several drives which ended up costing the Saints the game.

Back to back plays on NYG 3rd Qtr drive for a FG to make it 10-3:
- Missed a OL grab the facemask of Onyemata, turning his head.
- No call on OBVIOUS holding of Edebali who would have sacked Manning. Manning threw a 13 yard pass for the 1st down on this play, instead of facing a 2nd and 35 if both penalties had been called.

4th Q Saints drive for a FG that made it 10-10:
Back to back no Pass Interference calls on NYG vs Cooks (defender used an arm bar at to hold Cooks back - always called!) and Coleman (defender grabbed his right hand before the ball arrived and Coleman couldn't hold on with only one hand).

4th Q Saints drive for a FG to tie the game at 13-13:
3rd & 8 incomplete to Coleman - Oliver anticipated the snap count and was over the line by 2 feet before the ball is snapped - no call.

I don't agree with the PI call on Moore at the end but there was contact, although it did not impact the play like the 2 above not called on NYG.

I did not see similar missed calls impacting NYG. So while the Saints did not play well, the refs had a very significant impact on the final score.

Glad I was not the only one who questioned all those incidents.

When you get three turnovers and still lose the game.... :jpshakehead:

maybe sean should pull a del rio so a few would go our way later in the season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom