Refs refuse to reverse another blatant PI (1 Viewer)

I really like keeping politics out of football but with this going on, congress needs to investigate the NFL behind this. It's just too blatant and too obvious that a concerted effort has been undertaken to see that no calls are reversed.
you know if anything actually came of this the NFL would simply point to the word entertainment which just opens everythingup

I think the intent is only to honor the rule in high profile games. They over turned a few at the beginning of the season and now they'll let it go unless the whole NFL fandom plus causal viewers are watching. Just my conspiracy theory tho.

There was one overturned uncalled DPI that I'm aware of today. It was early in the Cards 49ers game when Sherman tackled the WR (Kirk, I think) from behind and the sideline ref right by them refused to throw the flag. It was overturned and ruled DPI after the replay. But of course, Cards got jobbed later in the game on several calls. The worst which was a called first down that was clearly 2 feet short.

Just frustrating to see how inept the officials are week in and week out. The replay review system was doomed from the get-go because clearly the officials don't like being second guessed. Meh. Same old story. When you don't care about getting calls right, it's hard to take the league seriously.

Fwiw, they might as well get rid of reviews. It's more trouble than its worth because so few calls are made right.

The way calls are being handled currently, I'm thoroughly convinced the no call in the NFCCG would not have been overturned.

That no call against Hopkins is the worst no call I've seen this year. To not reverse that on a challenge is sickening. A missed no call (not as blatant) benefitted the Vikings on the last play of the game.

That no call against Hopkins is the worst no call I've seen this year. To not reverse that on a challenge is sickening. A missed no call (not as blatant) benefitted the Vikings on the last play of the game.

There were several absurdly friendly calls for the Vikes in the 4th quarter. It was terrible

I honestly believe the referees are silently protesting, the new rule. I think they resent this rule. (Whether they realize it or not. )
It's not the officials. It's one guy... Al Riverton in New York. He makes the final decision.

The bad officiating is making the game less and less entertaining. I think I know the rules, and then I dont, because its not that way the rulings go on field and now even with replays. All this confusion is becoming more and more unbeareble - as its too unpredictable. Missed calls and wrongly flagged calls happens all the time, and its begining to be too much of a distraction from the game.. I stopped watching non-Saints game a few seasons ago, and im starting to feel like i dont have to see every saints game anymore either - its no fun watching a game when you dont undersatands the rules.. Try watching cricket - it sucks.

Seems more and more like the League is sabotaging the rule on purpose, so people ought to be more angry with the League than giving up on the rule..

Even with main office watching they don’t want to get it right. It will eventually bite them in the arse deserved

Even with main office watching they don’t want to get it right. It will eventually bite them in the arse deserved
Has to be deliberate.

Who's going to put any heat on them?

Fwiw, they might as well get rid of reviews. It's more trouble than its worth because so few calls are made right.

The way calls are being handled currently, I'm thoroughly convinced the no call in the NFCCG would not have been overturned.

They probably would've said it was a bang, bang play. Not enough there to overturn.

If it was just every single PI challange that not get overturned it could be understandable: They just dont reverse on PI challanges.
Then you have a PI called after a challange on Sherman this week and then its just even more confusing.. And it is frustrating not knowing when the refs will correct a mistake and when they just being stubborn..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom