Regarding Rumors and SR.com (1 Viewer)

:wos_sport10:Rumor: Kooldak is really a cool guy in an admistrator's diguise.

The best thing is when rumors are not allowed on this forum. That way only factual info can be posted.

A rumor is what it is.....first, it is not factual, otherwise it wouldn't be just a rumor......99% of the time a rumor is a false fame getting device, with the intention to "shock" the forum. It shouldn't be allowed at all, if the intention of the forum is to gather reliable info on the activities of the club. Second, the verification process is non existent, exactly b/c of the nature of the info....a rumor is never verified, or validated, until much later, if at all. And finally, it is detrimental of the emotions of the fans, who mistakenly, and falsely are raising their hope, when in fact the whole purpose of that rumor was nothing more than to gather attention.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

For some of our newer members:

We do not allow nor approve of rumor mongering on SaintsReport.com. One of our infractions is for "Starting False Rumors". If you have inside information from a confidential source that you cannot divulge, feel free to PM me first and we can discuss the issue while keeping it confidential.

"My mother's brother's uncle told me over a beer last night" is not what we are looking for. SR.com desires to maintain a high level of credibility and, unlike many other sites, strongly discourages that kind of rumor mongering.

If you don't have a valid source that you can link or refer to and do not have staff consent for a confidential source, please do not post the rumor.

OTOH, breaking news with a valid source is highly sought after. We strongly encourage members to post such and historically, we find that this site gets that kind of info almost as soon as it is made public. :9:

Thank you all for understanding. :)

Everybody loves to hear the latest news right away. And for me, SR.com (SSF) has been that place for the most part. But unsubstantiated dribble ...is ridiculous. :jpshakehead:

Anyway, this thread is a good reminder.

Well written, KD. This might be worth a separate sticky. :beerchug:

:gosaints:

I heard from Joe Horn that Joe Horn is Joe Horn.

...But he's unreliable.

So if a sports reporter hears something from his mother's uncle...who happens to live next to the sister of a so-called Saints player...it's still considered "rumor"? :idunno:

I thought that's how Bobby got all his info for his show.....:hihi:

Is SR turning into the No Fun League? Rumors makes this board work... adding fuel to the fire and some rumors come true..........

Is SR turning into the No Fun League? Rumors makes this board work... adding fuel to the fire and some rumors come true..........

No they don't. They create turmoil and are regularly wrong.

You might want to re-read my OP & note what I said about how an individual with a rumor can post it. This has always been the way we've handled unverified rumor. Every year we delete at least a double handful of rumors from the boards. No change here, just a reminder for new guys. ;)

What if we have really valid dreams? Do those count?

I dreamed that a tornado went right past the house last night. I was watching it from the driveway, until it started coming towards us, then I ran inside. It was so vivid and realistic that I dreamed I retold the story to friends later on. And upon waking up, I had to make sure nothing outside was damaged.

Not exactly tornado season, December in Virginia. :smilielol:

By the way, I heard that NEXT YEAR, the Dome is getting a sliding roof! How cool is that????????????????

i've been on this site for years(me and a friend shared a profile prior to this profile) and one time i had inside information which had to do with stokley and the fact that we weren't going to sign him because at the time he couldn't cut on one of his legs. this was info that came directly from stokley but 10 secs after i posted it, people were on me for posting trash. and while i do understand that this is done to keep out the shock post, it also has the potential to keep some good info from getting out. not all information in this world is first posted on the internet, and thus not all information can be backed up with a link. i know that i had inside info about faneca during free agency and i didnt even bother posting it b/c who wants to be berated for trying to be helpful. or maybe i should of just posted it on my myspace page and used that link as my source. anyway, i understand why things are the way they are so don't worry about reexplaining b/c i prob will forget to check back on this thread anyway. jus my 2c.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom