Regardless of Final Record - Easy to See Why SP Loves this Team! (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
With the decimating injuries we've had on defense, this team should be in line for the 1st draft pick.

SP loved this team all offseason and its clear now why he did. How can anyone not love watching this team. They have so many no names and 1st year NFL UFDA starters I don't even know all their names and numbers.

But this team never quits, gives 100% on every play, plays tough and physical.

The attitude of this team reminds me much of the 2009 and 2011 Saints. No, this team does not have the talent of those teams, but they play with so much heart. DA has done a coach of the year type job with this MASH like defense.

imvho, this is the type team culture that must be in place for a real SB run. Given a good draft, a few key FA pickups which we can afford in the offseason and a little kindness from fate with injuries and this team could set the league on fire next year.

And even though I doubt, these 'never say die Saints" may make a run at a playoff spot this year. WOW!

Wait till we get rankins and Breaux back... if everyone then stays healthy... we will be a top 5 team in this league

I do feel that this team is very close to turning a corner. We should really be at least 4-3 right now and could easily be 5-2. We're getting healthier now, and if we can stay healthy and get a few of the bounces that weren't going our way at the beginning of the season, we could make a run. Stay tuned, Saints fans. Who dat!

Sho nuff!

7c48fb8a8293938a676ed23486dfdf78.jpg

It's definitely cliche, but the next two weeks will tell the story of the 2016 Saints.

We are going into San Fran after a big win, against a top-tier opponent. San Fran is down but coming off a bye. Did they right the ship during the week off or did they mentally pack it in?

If we come out flat and play sloppy and let the Niners hang around -- we are probably in for a long day. If we come out and play crisp and physical, we really might be setting up for an interesting second half of the season.

If we get out of Frisco with a 4-4 (4-4 and a week nine loss has been our achilles heel under Payton) - then we have the Super Bowl champs at home. That could make for a hell of a game. I'm excited to see what they can do.

outside of Byrd and sometimes Coleman's boneheaded plays, everyone seems to play full out for 4 quarters
in fact i would say that a lot of our early mistakes were from players trying too hard - feeling the pressure of the moment and recklessly fighting too much for that extra yard or defensive position or running before you caught the ball, et al
it's still a young team and these are all coachable mistakes (as Ingram's splintery butt will attest)

You know there is something to this when Mr. Negative Bobby Hebert said yesterday he thinks the Saints will run off 4 in row starting with the 49ers. You can see the potential in this young team. In every loss we have beaten ourselves. Less mistakes and we can play with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I was saying early on with guys like Will Rabb on Twitter and such.

Our train is on schedule. Our team isn't bad at all. It's young. And key players are banged up. Once they get back, you'll see that we have a very good coaching staff. And we finally have some real talent.

We always could make a lil' noise this year.

The best teams in the league don't even seem all that insurmountable. Carolina and Seattle? We've moved the ball on both of them. We're the most dangerous team in the league, because no one is expecting us.

They'll get it soon enough.

The Seahawks actually getting called for PI and now a 5 star Swimmer thread? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Anyone watching the Stupar? Man, that guy is always around the ball, and plays with passion and a little chip. He's what I thought Laurenitis would be.

And reports of the death of our O line are greatly exaggerated.

The Seahawks actually getting called for PI and now a 5 star Swimmer thread? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

LMAO.

I wouldn't be surprised if we finish with 7 wins. But I love this team. Had any of you even heard of our starting CBs before training camp? This team could have folded after the start. But this team has no quit. I also wouldn't be surprised if they sneak into the playoffs. But I am super pumped over the next 2 seasons. Let Drew get his 2nd SB ring and go off into the HOF sunset as top 3

Anyone watching the Stupar? Man, that guy is always around the ball, and plays with passion and a little chip. He's what I thought Laurenitis would be.

And reports of the death of our O line are greatly exaggerated.

Good post. I am so happily wrong about our o-line

outside of Byrd and sometimes Coleman's boneheaded plays, everyone seems to play full out for 4 quarters
in fact i would say that a lot of our early mistakes were from players trying too hard - feeling the pressure of the moment and recklessly fighting too much for that extra yard or defensive position or running before you caught the ball, et al
it's still a young team and these are all coachable mistakes (as Ingram's splintery butt will attest)

Look no further than Crowley.

Gets beat on inside slant...never gives up and SAVES a TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom