Reggie and Colston #1 and #2 on SI's Rookie watch (1 Viewer)

CanuckSaint26

Bring 'Em To The Dome!
Reaction score
I think that they both deserve the credit, as they both have made a tremendous impact on the team in only their first year.

On a Non-Saint related note, I am suprised at how low Matt Leinart is, I would have definately put him #3, he has done a very nice job when he has played for the Cardinals. He really doesn't have much to work with when it comes to Arizona's offensive line, so to play the way he did against the Bears deserves more credit than I believe he is getting.

mrdogleg

All-Pro
Reaction score
Sure many predicted Reggie to be #1, but who thought we'd have #1 and #2, and that #2 would be a seventh round pick?

Life is good as a Saints fan right now.

CanuckSaint26

Bring 'Em To The Dome!
Reaction score
Sure many predicted Reggie to be #1, but who thought we'd have #1 and #2, and that #2 would be a seventh round pick?
Absolutely noone, and if they said that they knew it would happen, I'd be hard pressed to not call them a liar. I think Colston has been a huge surprise to everyone who follows the team and his development and output has probably been a bit of a shock to himself, there has been literally zero learning curve.

SaintKenn

Wait till next year?
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Co-rookies of the year along with an MVP award(Drew), Comeback player of the year(Deuce), Coach of the year(Sean) and a Lombardi Trophy. I'd have a friggin heart-attack.

Silly Burrito

HE'S OVER 5000!!!!!!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<sarcasm>/sarcasm on

Screw that, I want Ojo and Hass back! Who does this Colston fellow think he is anyway?

/sarcasm off

</sarcasm> :)

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They deserve it. Colston is the biggest rookie surprise of the league. Honorable mention to Jahri Evans, Roman Harper and Steve Weatherford.

Brad01

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
After Maroney's big game against the Bengals, he's struggled to do anything. Colston and Bush have remained as consistant as the Saints' alltogether have played.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I personally wouldn't put Reggie at #1, certainly not through this point in the season. I'd have Colston higher, Jennings, Maroney even, and a number of other rookies.

But, here is the debate, does a player win the award for being the most valuable rookie, or the most outstanding? Because numbers-wise it is unlikely Reggie will equal other rookies when the final week is over. However, his importance to this team ranks up there with 10 year veterans simply due to his presence on the field.

Hamchuck

Reaction score
Colston is deserving of ROTY but I think Reggie will take it from him because of his impact to the region and his punt return to win the game. Agree or disagree?

killah

Very Bland
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maroney needs to be higher, he is a very good player and will be for some time if he stays healthy. Jarhi Evens has been playing at an all pro level at a new position despite being a rookie. It just goes to show that the FO has done a great job in the offseason.

Orlandomac01

Reaction score
If I wasmaking these ranking I would put Colston at one. He has proven to the people (although he is still extremely unknown) that he is good. Also the fact that he came out of Hofstra 7th round is even more special. The I would put Maroney at two then finally Reggie at three. I don't feel that Reggie has done enough to be #1 since after all he still lacks an offensive TD. I have to hand it to the Saints for the majority of the draft. Besides the flop of Hass and the injuries, they are looking good.

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Co-rookies of the year along with an MVP award(Drew), Comeback player of the year(Deuce), Coach of the year(Sean) and a Lombardi Trophy. I'd have a friggin heart-attack.

There would be no doubt who the new "America's Team" is then..:lit-journal-18392:

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Boy, looking back at some of these old posts feels like reading a diary or something. I remember the feelings vividly and here we are 2 years later. I am starting to appreciate 06 more and more the farther we get from it. Do you think we just simply caught lightening in a bottle that year or are we poised to make a championship run for the next few years?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom