Reggie Bush failed to take a scheduled deposition Monday (1 Viewer)

saintd

lifetime rookie
Reaction score
Part of the article from Jason Cole at Yahoo...

“It’s so that we can’t share the transcripts with the NCAA, which is a huge admission of guilt,” said Lake’s attorney, Brian Watkins. “Reggie Bush has repeatedly said that he has nothing to hide, and now that he has to testify under oath, he’s saying he doesn’t want what he says shared with the NCAA. Now all of the sudden it’s ‘Hey I’m going to have to admit to some things and I don’t want them out there.’

Link to the rest: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;...g=ys-bushdeposition022508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sorry, but anytime Cole's name is mentioned, all credibililty goes out the window. It's as if this guy is banking his entire career on trying to find a way to bring down Bush.

Well Lake can be forced to give his first, being the plaintiff.....this really isn't anything..

Jason Cole.. again? is this the only crap he reports now? i mean really, i think his only readers of his blog is paranoid Need to know anything related to saints "Saints fans", No one else in the league even cares about this anymore, no other fan bases are talking about it, and no other News Agencies are reporting anything about this unless it's something really major, and it's usually something Jason Cole Blew out of Proportion and leaked to the Major Sports news sources to get ratings to his lil blog page and get some recognition from ESPN, FOX etc.

It's already 3 years into this whole deal and if there was actually something concrete it would have already happened, Reggie would have already have faced court, stood to lose his Hiesman, and other awards, and lost a lot of Sponsorship.
Jason Cole if you read through his blog is clearly a Saints hater, only mentions us when something bad happens or when it's something that can tare the fan-base apart, i emailed him a simple email about reporting on some of the good that this team is doing for the city and other stuff, and he Flammed me back and stated he'll report whats more important, the dude is an idiot.

Part of the article from Jason Cole at Yahoo...

“It’s so that we can’t share the transcripts with the NCAA, which is a huge admission of guilt,” said Lake’s attorney, Brian Watkins. “Reggie Bush has repeatedly said that he has nothing to hide, and now that he has to testify under oath, he’s saying he doesn’t want what he says shared with the NCAA. Now all of the sudden it’s ‘Hey I’m going to have to admit to some things and I don’t want them out there.’

Link to the rest: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;...g=ys-bushdeposition022508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

/thread

Sorry, but anytime Cole's name is mentioned, all credibililty goes out the window. It's as if this guy is banking his entire career on trying to find a way to bring down Bush.

Yeah, it's pathetic. I think he's really trying to be the Mark Fainaru-Wada or Lance Williams of the NFL. Memo to Cole: If found guilty, Reggie will not be banned from the NFL.

Yeah, it's pathetic. I think he's really trying to be the Mark Fainaru-Wada or Lance Williams of the NFL. Memo to Cole: If found guilty, Reggie will not be banned from the NFL.

what I find funny is that Lakes attorney is making this big deal about Bush not being there when not long ago his client basically did the same thing. By walking out of the deposition he is basically doing the same thing.

Kim told him not to go. The girl is smart.

Uh, forgive me if I'm wrong, but if Reggie is found guilty he will likely be stripped of the Heisman Trophy and his college team will forfeit a national championship. That's newsworthy isn't it???

Uh, forgive me if I'm wrong, but if Reggie is found guilty he will likely be stripped of the Heisman Trophy and his college team will forfeit a national championship. That's newsworthy isn't it???

For USC yes...for Saints fans who cares ? It doesn't change what he did on the field, now if they were taking away a Saints Super Bowl ring then maybe. I feel bad for him if they strip him, but honestly I think it'll create a chip on his shoulder and he'll be better than ever.

Newsworthy? It has taken on about as much "newsworthiness" as the National Enquirer reports of aliens abducting a two headed dog. It has turned into a witch hunt for Cole.

The heisman trophy is not awarded by the NCAA and therefore does not get relinquished by the NCAA or even breaking an NCAA rule. Can't change the outcome of games and the stats because of that his heisman is safe. If USC is found guilty of tampering with Reggie Bush, or found to give money to him, USC would be on the hook, which its not either, and the NCAA has looked into this ordeal and decided to do nothing.

It was Reggie's father taking money from an agent to try and recruit his son to the agency. Far as I see it, this guy maybe has a civil suit against Reggie's father for back paid rent (plus interest that would have accrued) Michael Michaels had all the proof of lones etc. and Reggie's father (with Reggie's money) Settled with this guy to make it go away. That was the biggest part of the case IMO cause Lake has NOTHING on anyone, but he wants some money too. Reggies family borrowed money, and have paid it back. But because this Lake guy was gonna be partners with Michael Michaels he felt intitled to some of that money. But he never loaned anything to anyone, Michaels did and he was compensated (which he rightfully should have been, you borrow money to make good on a deal and you welch on it.... than you pay it back) Lake feels he lost money because if Reggie signed with him he would have gotton some money... thats like Drew Rosenhouse sueing Reggie for not picking him as an agent... matter of fact thats like ME sueing because I didn't get Reggie's business.

Reggies father borrowed money from Michael Michaels (well was given a place to stay) In return for Reggie signing with his agency. Wrong, yes.. but how much did Reggie know is what you have to prove to me. I think he knew very little IMHO. Michael Michaels had all the evidence because it was his money borrowed, he had all the transcripts, the contracts, the paper trail etc. SO they settled with him, gave him what they agreed on and he was paid. SO case closed in my opinion. Lake has zero evidence because his evidence was Michaels! Lake is mad because he thought his agency would have Reggie Bush in the stable, they don't but neither do alot of agency's. Can they all sue Reggie for not signing with them? Michales loaned the money, michaels got his money back, USC had nothing to do with it, Reggie had little to nothing to do with it, and furthermore Lake had nothing to do with it. It was Reggie's father, and Michael Michaels and as far as I know they are square now. If lake wants some money, call the old partner Michaels and get it on his end because the money borrowed has been given back. NOTHING is gonna come out of any of this and if it does i'm sueing Asante Samuel, and Lance Briggs (and anyone else about to get huge money) for not signing with my agency that I just started 4 seconds ago.

Jason Cole can put that in his pipe and smoke it!

Last edited:

He will not be stripped of his Heisman Trophy. The NCAA does not have the power to do that. And its very unlikely, to the point where I'd say impossible, that the NCAA is going to make USC forfeit games. This isn't the first time a player has been accussed of such and the most they do is put the school on probation.

This really doesn't have much to do about the Saints. If anything it will create pressure from the ncaa towards USC. If they cheated they need to be punished just like everyone else. 300,000 is a lot of money. Some schools get reprimanded for a meal bought for a player.
I don't know if he's guilty or not and don't much care. What I would like to see is equal treatment by the ncaa. They've been corrupt for a long time and had their own agendas many times in the past. This whole thing really is about his time at USC and what they did or didn't do to prevent or report it. Other schools would be very happy to be able to do what USC is accused of.

This really doesn't have much to do about the Saints. If anything it will create pressure from the ncaa towards USC. If they cheated they need to be punished just like everyone else. 300,000 is a lot of money. Some schools get reprimanded for a meal bought for a player.
I don't know if he's guilty or not and don't much care. What I would like to see is equal treatment by the ncaa. They've been corrupt for a long time and had their own agendas many times in the past. This whole thing really is about his time at USC and what they did or didn't do to prevent or report it. Other schools would be very happy to be able to do what USC is accused of.

Well it wasn't money, and it wasn't USC providing it. It was living in a rent free house for a few years that was owned by Michael Michaels. Who they settled with already at a figure they determined by approx. rent in that area for those years lived there, plus interest and a little extra hush money. Because no money was exchanged (in either direction) Michaels, to the Bush's and vice versa Bush's to the Michaels they knew something was up. Because at the very least should have had a few rent checks in his pocket and the Bush's would have a paper trail to document money transfered for rent if there was any. So they settled, this guy sueing now never lost out on rent money, never gave anyone a dime, never had anything to do with Reggie's father. He was partners with Michael Michaels, and had high hopes they would get Reggie in the sports agency (which represents no one else) and the two of them would get rich from it. these men were known criminals, in fact Michael Michaels isn't even the guys real name he had been in so much trouble he had his named legally changed because he was a bad guy, in lotsa trouble with bad people. This lake guy is also a felon and these two had a get it rich qucik skeem, which failed on them. Because it was Michaels house, he had a case because at the very least they welched on rent. This Lake guy is just bitter he didn;t get potential money that could have been in his pocket if Reggie signed with them. Keep in mind the armed security his plantiff was so afraid of, was only brought there because Lake threatened to put a bullet in Reggie, doubt Lake's laywer is gonna let you in on that tho.

Interesting side note....I think I know Michael Michaels former/real name tho... It was Jason Cole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom