Reggie Bush failed to take a scheduled deposition Monday (1 Viewer)

The heisman trophy is not awarded by the NCAA and therefore does not get relinquished by the NCAA or even breaking an NCAA rule. Can't change the outcome of games and the stats because of that his heisman is safe. If USC is found guilty of tampering with Reggie Bush, or found to give money to him, USC would be on the hook, which its not either, and the NCAA has looked into this ordeal and decided to do nothing.

It was Reggie's father taking money from an agent to try and recruit his son to the agency. Far as I see it, this guy maybe has a civil suit against Reggie's father for back paid rent (plus interest that would have accrued) Michael Michaels had all the proof of lones etc. and Reggie's father (with Reggie's money) Settled with this guy to make it go away. That was the biggest part of the case IMO cause Lake has NOTHING on anyone, but he wants some money too. Reggies family borrowed money, and have paid it back. But because this Lake guy was gonna be partners with Michael Michaels he felt intitled to some of that money. But he never loaned anything to anyone, Michaels did and he was compensated (which he rightfully should have been, you borrow money to make good on a deal and you welch on it.... than you pay it back) Lake feels he lost money because if Reggie signed with him he would have gotton some money... thats like Drew Rosenhouse sueing Reggie for not picking him as an agent... matter of fact thats like ME sueing because I didn't get Reggie's business.

Reggies father borrowed money from Michael Michaels (well was given a place to stay) In return for Reggie signing with his agency. Wrong, yes.. but how much did Reggie know is what you have to prove to me. I think he knew very little IMHO. Michael Michaels had all the evidence because it was his money borrowed, he had all the transcripts, the contracts, the paper trail etc. SO they settled with him, gave him what they agreed on and he was paid. SO case closed in my opinion. Lake has zero evidence because his evidence was Michaels! Lake is mad because he thought his agency would have Reggie Bush in the stable, they don't but neither do alot of agency's. Can they all sue Reggie for not signing with them? Michales loaned the money, michaels got his money back, USC had nothing to do with it, Reggie had little to nothing to do with it, and furthermore Lake had nothing to do with it. It was Reggie's father, and Michael Michaels and as far as I know they are square now. If lake wants some money, call the old partner Michaels and get it on his end because the money borrowed has been given back. NOTHING is gonna come out of any of this and if it does i'm sueing Asante Samuel, and Lance Briggs (and anyone else about to get huge money) for not signing with my agency that I just started 4 seconds ago.

Jason Cole can put that in his pipe and smoke it!

I respectfully disagree SuperQuincy.
I don't know if the ncaa has concluded it's inquiry or even ramped it up yet. Not sure on that point.
If Reggie's father borrowed the money, I'm willing to bet he knew about it. Wasn't there an article on the house they stayed in rent free supposed to be to expensive for their income? IF that is true then you bet Reggie knew they couldn't afford it.
I have a hard time beliving any thing about him not knowing about it. Maybe Reggie didn't know about all of it but he knew enough to know that it was against ncaa rules and he was taking a chance on getting caught. How many other players would have loved to have been given the same chance to get their familes into a better living environment rent free?
Accepting gifts are forbiden. You can lose elegiblity and also have a chance to put your school under ncaa sanctions.

USC may or may not have known. You or I don't know for sure, however they are responsible to keep track of the atheletes on scholarship. Ask some other schools how deep that can go. You can get slapped by the ncaa for purchasing a meal for a player so schools do understand how strick the rules are. It's in their best interest to stay up with what players are involved in. I realize they can not know everything and keep an eye 24-7 on every player but the ncaa doesn't care about that. The responsibility always falls on the school.

The bottom line is if he did recieve benefits while at USC ,if the ncaa wanted to , they could hold them responsible. It depends on how bad they want the school. Remember they aren't held to the same standards as other institutions as far as a court of law. They are self governed. They can have secret witnesses and not reveal them to the accused so you can question them to clear your name. It all hinges on how much they want the school. Other institutions have been hit with a lot less evidence and money involved.

I do agree with you about the guy just wants more money and he's probably sleezy to say the least. It 's seems to be another shakedown but an attempt to bring it public to up the ante. Bush has the most to loose in regards to reputation,future earnings through endorsements if his image is tarnished, versus this guy who already has a bad rep with nothing to loose. Your right on there.
Regardless of money exchanging or not it was improper benefits and my point really is that USC is the one who should hope this all goes away.

The NCAA works faster than this tho, they are sitting pat on thier no decision until anything new comes out... and nothing new will come out without Michaels on board (which can no longer do because of an agreement in the settlement)

I remember Dwayne Jarrett and Matt Leinart were roomates and lived in an apartemnt off campus. They couldn't afford the rent one month so Leinart's father paid the rent and the NCAA was on that fast. Matt excepting money from his fater was fine, but Dwayne was unable to receive any direct benefits from anyone, and the NCAA acted swiftly. Jarrett had to pay Leinart's father. The NCAA dosen't just take the wait and see approach, they get into it ASAP and get a resolution. Jason Cole makes it sound like a pending investigation. But the NCAA has made its decision and will not re open anything unless new evidence comes to light. Which there is none, Jason Cole is a jack off and paints all these articles to make Reggie look bad. I am 100 percent sure he hates Reggie, probably an OU or Vince Young fan. Bottom line is nothing is gonna happen, this stuff has been draged out for almost 3 years now.

The NCAA works faster than this tho, they are sitting pat on thier no decision until anything new comes out... and nothing new will come out without Michaels on board (which can no longer do because of an agreement in the settlement)

I remember Dwayne Jarrett and Matt Leinart were roomates and lived in an apartemnt off campus. They couldn't afford the rent one month so Leinart's father paid the rent and the NCAA was on that fast. Matt excepting money from his fater was fine, but Dwayne was unable to receive any direct benefits from anyone, and the NCAA acted swiftly. Jarrett had to pay Leinart's father. The NCAA dosen't just take the wait and see approach, they get into it ASAP and get a resolution. Jason Cole makes it sound like a pending investigation. But the NCAA has made its decision and will not re open anything unless new evidence comes to light. Which there is none, Jason Cole is a jack off and paints all these articles to make Reggie look bad. I am 100 percent sure he hates Reggie, probably an OU or Vince Young fan. Bottom line is nothing is gonna happen, this stuff has been draged out for almost 3 years now.

LOL, this dude is a ******. Your probably right about nothing coming of all of this. Sad because I bet there were a number of rules broken. Enough to smake USC hard.
Don't get me wrong. I have no interest in seeing any school get hit. The present system only hurts innocent fan bases and other atheletes not involved. It does bug me to see somethings written off or ignored while other schools seem to get jumped on.
I truely believe ncaa is a rouge institution that runs it's own agendas sometimes. They aren't fair in their treatment of all schools. Thats the part that ticks me off.

Sportscenter had a 4 minute piece on this and had a discussion regarding the entire situation and ramifications. Had a nice breakdown really. But, hey, let's spend 70% of thread focusing on Jason Cole instead. As much of a "witch hunt" as this has become for Cole, I think the reverse has been even worse on this board. :shrug:

6fp9mxe.gif

Sportscenter had a 4 minute piece on this and had a discussion regarding the entire situation and ramifications. Had a nice breakdown really. But, hey, let's spend 70% of thread focusing on Jason Cole instead. As much of a "witch hunt" as this has become for Cole, I think the reverse has been even worse on this board. :shrug:

I didn't see Sportscenter...can you give a recap? Thanks! :)

I think its newsworty Bush missed his deposition just as it was newsworthy Lake missed his. Bush is a super high profile player from a super high profile college. Bush has gotten the benefit of all kinds of favorable media in his career, this just comes with the territory.

Its particularly newsworthy because there could be ramifications for Southern Cal depending on what they knew. I do not see any big exposure for Bush except if he loses he might have to pay back whatever money this creep gave him.

I am interested in hearing Bush's explanation. My belief based on all I have read is that he took money and jeopardized his eligibility and put Southern Cal at risk for serious sanctions. If he has nothing to hide, why play games and skip his depo? I would be very happy to be wrong on this one. They will force him to have his depo anyway.

Bush (and Clemens) would seemingly do better just to own up to whatever they did and then in time it will go away. Pete Rose would be in the hall of fame had he admitted years ago he bet on baseball. Bush made a mistake a lot of young players have made. His fans would forgive him very quickly if he owned up. He has a huge national image and its taking a little bit of a beating lately with this circus litigation he is in.

I didn't see Sportscenter...can you give a recap? Thanks! :)

They brought in J.A. Andande since I guess he has been following this situation in L.A. for some time now. It wasn't anything earth shattering by any means. There were some typical lawyer remarks in that Bush doesn't even have to appear since he has yet to be cited, that the burden of proof is on Lake, etc. They then discussed the possible ramifications for USC (forfeits, etc).

Again, certainly not anything earth-shattering that most of us here aren't able to figure out on our own, but it was a solid unbiased discussion, something people feel Cole is lacking. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind Cole is pushing this story more than others, I mean it's his baby. But it's really no different than the two SF Chronicle reporters pushing to dig up info on Bonds, and neither of them were crucified on this board. That doesn't mean he is making things up, and 9.9 times out of 10 his initial story has been picked up, fact-checked, and used by ESPN, the LA Times, etc. Just because someone is out to get someone, doesn't mean that there isn't anything there to get. Personally, I don't care. It was a college issue, and the Heisman will never be stripped from Bush and I find it highly unlikely that USC will be found liable. But nonetheless I don't have a problem with Cole doing some digging.

They brought in J.A. Andande since I guess he has been following this situation in L.A. for some time now. It wasn't anything earth shattering by any means. There were some typical lawyer remarks in that Bush doesn't even have to appear since he has yet to be cited, that the burden of proof is on Lake, etc. They then discussed the possible ramifications for USC (forfeits, etc).

Again, certainly not anything earth-shattering that most of us here aren't able to figure out on our own, but it was a solid unbiased discussion, something people feel Cole is lacking. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind Cole is pushing this story more than others, I mean it's his baby. But it's really no different than the two SF Chronicle reporters pushing to dig up info on Bonds, and neither of them were crucified on this board. That doesn't mean he is making things up, and 9.9 times out of 10 his initial story has been picked up, fact-checked, and used by ESPN, the LA Times, etc. Just because someone is out to get someone, doesn't mean that there isn't anything there to get. Personally, I don't care. It was a college issue, and the Heisman will never be stripped from Bush and I find it highly unlikely that USC will be found liable. But nonetheless I don't have a problem with Cole doing some digging.

2 things in the post I disagree with, I have a problem with Cole's one sided reporting his baby or not, he isn't reporting all the facts he only puts the ones in there making Reggie look bad, so do some digging by all means, but don't report just half truths and one side points that he may have dug up in his own witch hunt. (example of what I mean, Lake and attorney left and couldn't give thier disposition because Reggie Bush's lawyer had armed security there.... But fails to mention the extra security was there because Lake threatened to take Reggie Bush's life!!!!)

and 2 people on this board would be up in arms over the Bonds stuff if he PLAYED for the SAINTS. its a Saints board, Reggie is a Saint.... Bonds is in another sport, with another team, in another city, on a message board where half the people could care less about Baseball in general let alone Barry Bonds. I think that was a bad example IMO, but if it was reversed and Bonds was a football player, and did play for the Saints, and those 2 SF chronical reporters drug him through the mud, I am pretty sure you would get similar sentament from this board.

Also ST. Dude, Reggie played games and skipped the desposition? i don;t think that all that true either, because like you pointed out Lake skipped his!!! As a defendant would you go up on a stand and give a disposition if you had no clue what the claims were, how can you even defend yourself no one has made a claim of anything yet? Lake has yet to do that so whats Reggie supposed to do.

Yet if you read Jason Cole, he makes it seem like Reggie has something to hide (which maybe he does) But fails to take the unbias approach (which I fail as well, I support Reggie on this) But cole writes his dribble so I will write mine. He fails to mention the 0 percent of the time is a defendant gonna get up there and incriminate himself. Without anything from the plantiff, its almost like the plantiff saying, ok I have nothing go up there and make my case for me.

Not that there opinions are case, point, and fact..... but ask Jonsey or Jim Everett (both Lawyers, or praticing to be in Jonseys case I believe) Or if you either of you two pop in here please give an opinion in you experiance with cases such as this. Its just ludacris to think that any defendant in thier right mind would go on stand and paint the prosecutor's case for him, for anyone, in any case. Read Jason Cole, and he dosen't paint it that way. Reggie dosen't have to prove his innocence despite what Jason Cole thinks, and like Barry Bonds to many in public opinion Reggie is already guilty. But its up for the prosecutor to prove Reggie is guilty in that court, isn't that how it has always worked in this country... remember innocent until proven guilty.

2 things in the post I disagree with, I have a problem with Cole's one sided reporting his baby or not, he isn't reporting all the facts he only puts the ones in there making Reggie look bad, so do some digging by all means, but don't report just half truths and one side points that he may have dug up in his own witch hunt. (example of what I mean, Lake and attorney left and couldn't give thier disposition because Reggie Bush's lawyer had armed security there.... But fails to mention the extra security was there because Lake threatened to take Reggie Bush's life!!!!)

That's fine and dandy. I don't disagree terribly with you on that. But Bush's agent also refused to return a call to Jason Cole, etc. If you only hear one side of the story, that's all you can report. Cornwell had an opportunity to get info out to one of his biggest detractors and he refused.

and 2 people on this board would be up in arms over the Bonds stuff if he PLAYED for the SAINTS. its a Saints board, Reggie is a Saint.... Bonds is in another sport, with another team, in another city, on a message board where half the people could care less about Baseball in general let alone Barry Bonds. I think that was a bad example IMO, but if it was reversed and Bonds was a football player, and did play for the Saints, and those 2 SF chronical reporters drug him through the mud, I am pretty sure you would get similar sentament from this board.
Thank you for making my point...in that this board is extremely biased and has a hard time looking at anything objectively. I understand it can be hard, and I have trouble with it as well, but that's no excuse for any of us.

Also ST. Dude, Reggie played games and skipped the desposition? i don;t think that all that true either, because like you pointed out Lake skipped his!!! As a defendant would you go up on a stand and give a disposition if you had no clue what the claims were, how can you even defend yourself no one has made a claim of anything yet? Lake has yet to do that so whats Reggie supposed to do.
First of all, Lake didn't skip his deposition, he left. I'd have my client leave as well if an "enforcer" was brought along.

Yet if you read Jason Cole, he makes it seem like Reggie has something to hide (which maybe he does) But fails to take the unbias approach (which I fail as well, I support Reggie on this) But cole writes his dribble so I will write mine. He fails to mention the 0 percent of the time is a defendant gonna get up there and incriminate himself. Without anything from the plantiff, its almost like the plantiff saying, ok I have nothing go up there and make my case for me.
Once again, that is in part true. But he's at least had some info, credible or not. Having the tape of Bush's stepfather is pretty relevant, if only in the court of public opinion...which part of this is about. Win in the court of public opinion and you increase Bush's desire to settle regardless and get all information sealed. Will that happen? Hard to say. Even on this board I think you would be hard pressed to find many people that believe Reggie is completely innocent of what he is accused.

Not that there opinions are case, point, and fact..... but ask Jonsey or Jim Everett (both Lawyers, or praticing to be in Jonseys case I believe) Or if you either of you two pop in here please give an opinion in you experiance with cases such as this. Its just ludacris to think that any defendant in thier right mind would go on stand and paint the prosecutor's case for him, for anyone, in any case. Read Jason Cole, and he dosen't paint it that way. Reggie dosen't have to prove his innocence despite what Jason Cole thinks, and like Barry Bonds to many in public opinion Reggie is already guilty. But its up for the prosecutor to prove Reggie is guilty in that court, isn't that how it has always worked in this country... remember innocent until proven guilty.
Well, let's not paint Jason Cole as the only person to do this. In this day and age it is increasingly popular to declare a person guilty until proven innocent. That's just how the media is, 90% of them in my opinion, and that's also how 90% of fans are as well. Sure, Cole is guilty of this, but he's far from the only person in his position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom