Reggie Bush gets a free pass from me (1 Viewer)

I tried to give bush a free pass but it bounced off his head and almost got picked.

I'm good with RB -- he had to have a first game back and that was it -- it says alot about our team that our "star" player can make three huge mistakes and the rest of the team can find a way to win.

RB will be a key component in our run to the playoffs.

Whether we lost that game or not, Bush gets a free pass from me. He doesnt have his game legs yet. So he can be excused.

Thankfully we won though :ezbill:
He seems to come back slow from his injuries. I remember in 2008 he came back from knee surgery against Tampa Bay in that monsoon game and played poorly. He then did much better the following week back in the dome against Atlanta.

I blame Payton. He knows it takes a while for Reggie to get his confidence back after a layoff. He should have kept it basic for 2-3 games, or until Reggie was in a groove.

He should not have played, obviously.

That was beyond rusty.

Yes, it's "understandable" but not excusable. Thankfully Payton seemed to pull him after the 2nd louse-up. (1st: slipping and being late for the would-be 10-yard touchdown; 2nd: the Reggie)

He should not have been put into the game. Wow, that was bad, and we're lucky he didn't cost us the win.

I have mixed feeling on the subject; but if REggie wasn't full speed I don't see any reason why Lance do not continue to return punts until Reggie:

is @ 100% game speed

&

starts holding on to the football.

Sorry, no free pass from me. Yes, I understand WHY he might be rusty, but when a multi-million dollar athlete steps on the field, he's expected to perform at the highest level on every play. Or at the very least, not to do anything to jeopardize the game.

Reggie would've been playing many, many weeks ago had he got his own way.

Nobody knows how ready he is better than himself, I feel slightly disappointed that he has made out that he's ready when he quite clearly isn't.

I understand fully that he's ultra competitive, and he just wants to play and win. But he nearly cost the team tonight.

In a few weeks, he will be ready and he will win us a game or 2 single handedly, but he's not ready yet.

I blame Payton. He knows it takes a while for Reggie to get his confidence back after a layoff. He should have kept it basic for 2-3 games, or until Reggie was in a groove.

How much more basic can you get than a punt return and two short passes? Those are the things he is supposed to be best at and he fumbled on the punt return and dropped two easy passes. And, maybe that would all be excuseable if he only did it after he was out awhile, but the truth is that Reggie fumbles or muffs punts and drops easy passes often.

I like the guy and I want him on the team and I think he does some great things, but he needs to be better at ball security (he was holding the ball way too lose on that punt return and it wasn't the first time) and he needs to concentrate better because he drops easy passes all to often. So, no, he doesn't get a pass from me. But, I realize that you take the good with the bad with any player and on the whole Bush is a benefit to this offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom