Reggie Bush gets a free pass from me (1 Viewer)

He doesn't get one from me. He makes mistakes like that often when healthy.

He makes mistakes just like Brees does when he throws 3 to 4 ints in a game or like Colston when he drops easy passes or like Hartley when he misses a "easy" field goal. These guys are professionals, yes, but they are also human...they make mistakes. Everyone on every team in the NFL makes mistakes...sometimes you guys go over board with wanting everything to be perfect. The dude just came back from a fractured leg...he hasn't played since week 2. Give the dude a break.

How much more basic can you get than a punt return and two short passes? Those are the things he is supposed to be best at and he fumbled on the punt return and dropped two easy passes. And, maybe that would all be excuseable if he only did it after he was out awhile, but the truth is that Reggie fumbles or muffs punts and drops easy passes often.

I like the guy and I want him on the team and I think he does some great things, but he needs to be better at ball security (he was holding the ball way too lose on that punt return and it wasn't the first time) and he needs to concentrate better because he drops easy passes all to often. So, no, he doesn't get a pass from me. But, I realize that you take the good with the bad with any player and on the whole Bush is a benefit to this offense.

Good post, but I assure you it will not resonate well with most Saints fans. When it comes to Bush he's on a level higher than Breesus. No better example of that than you actually have fans (many in fact) blaming Payton for Bush's performance today. Brees doesn't even get that kind of pass. Simply, unbelievable.

Having Reggie back improves the Saints Red zone efficiency. The pass would have been a touchdown, he was WIDE open. That is something Reggie brings to the table. The drop is just one of those stuff happens things. He should NEVER return punts anymore though. Just doesn't secure the ball good enough and he does it too often.

Kris

But he also makes enough good plays to make up for them. So chill.

He'll be back to the old Reggie again here in a couple of weeks.

He was defintely not ready yet for fulltime service. Looks like he went back for the punt return after Lance Moore was dinged up, so he wasn't really the first option in today's game. Still, that was too easy of a strip for the fumble. Bad play on his part. Yes, Bush will make his share of big plays and his share of bad ones. We can be grateful that his fumble didn't cost us the game. It certainly changed the momentum in Dallas' favor, though.

If not for the huge Malcolm Jenkins play, we'd be 7-4 right now....

Yes, it's "understandable" but not excusable. Thankfully Payton seemed to pull him after the 2nd louse-up. (1st: slipping and being late for the would-be 10-yard touchdown; 2nd: the Reggie)

He should not have been put into the game. Wow, that was bad, and we're lucky he didn't cost us the win.

At all? He has to knock the rust off sometime.

If he held with 2 hands when traffic was getting close, the strip wouldn't have happened.

The helmets block the eyes in the back of player's heads. Safety thing.

How much more basic can you get than a punt return and two short passes?

Running back punts have never been a sure thing for Reggie. I would have thought Payton would have used someone else unless the game was well in hand, and probably not even then.

I would have given him maybe 3 runs and 2 passes and about 10-12 snaps total the first game, and adjusted according to his confidence.

Running back punts have never been a sure thing for Reggie. I would have thought Payton would have used someone else unless the game was well in hand, and probably not even then.

I would have given him maybe 3 runs and 2 passes and about 10-12 snaps total the first game, and adjusted according to his confidence.

Running back punts sure was a sure thing for him in college. If that's changed now, it's lack of concentration and failing to properly secure the ball. That's something he should have corrected by now.

As far as workload, he got about 3 passes thrown his way, 1 run and one punt return. And, he got the punt return because Moore was having trouble seeing the ball in the lights in that stadium. So, I don't see how you can criticize the workload he got.

Beyond that, Reggie Bush isn't giving Reggie Bush a free pass for this game. Reggie Bush's Tweet:

"Gonna put in overtime so I can play better next week. A true leader doesn't make mistakes in crunch tine! Gotta be better! No other choice!"

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=184147

Bush is a playmaker. But, he's a high risk/high reward player. He makes some bad mistakes, but he also makes some great plays. On the whole, I like having him on the team, but his poor play today falls on him today. He made mental and physical errors and even he knows that they need to be corrected and that he has no excuse for not playing better.

Pretty horrid performance. He needs to make up for that one over the next couple games, and I think he will.

But being rusty does. Game legs + rust go hand in hand sir.
C'mon, rusty!? The man's been involved in organized ball in some form or other the majority of his life. He knows that he's got to hold onto the ball.

For those who're saying that he just doesn't "have his game legs back", I counter with this: The performance we saw today wasn't that much worse than what he and the offense did the first two games of the season. Reggie can be one of the most dangerous weapons on our roster, but only if his head is in the game. To me, clearly, it wasn't today.

I dont mind that he had a bad game, but really the punt return fumble was a serious mistake and inexcuseable. That being said, with a win its easy to forgive, but Id not hold it against him even if we lost because that would have been an overall team loss. The team played sloppy, and didnt recover the ball as often as they should. You force 7 fumbles, you should recover at least half of them.

No free pass from me...He single handily cost this team 14 points. He catches the touchdown pass and the game is over.

The slip/missed catch is forgivable. The fumble on a punt return is NOT.

This. Watching Bush play ball is like riding a roller coaster...big ups...big downs...but chalking today up to being out 8 weeks doesn't jive with me. Unfortunately, he has already made similar mistakes when healthy. It is just a shame that we have to have so much fear and paranoia watching such a great player return punts. It really makes you question that "great" part. He is a potential great, but mistakes makes it tough living up to potential, for him, and for the team. Thank goodness we pulled it out because the Bush flaming would've been through the roof.

All I have to say is I hope he learns from his mistakes...again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom