Reggie Bush is the new Aaron Brooks, or will be soon (1 Viewer)

49erKiller

I am 100% human
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Before anyone has a stroke, no, I am not comparing their play on the field. What I am seeing though is a splitting of opinions on Bush, and defensive reactions to those opinions.

I know I am not the only one seeing this, and it's been the loudest after this last weekends game. Having read through a few of these threads, you can sense that the mods are going to soon be hard at work deleting threads and sending people to camp. ;)

Am I the only one seeing this?

Just ignore it. To me it really doesn't matter if Reggie Bush is getting 100 yards a game or 10 yards a game. Hes a backup running back right now. If the contributes he does, if he doesn't oh well, maybe later when he gets more experience.

To early to start throwing him under the bus.

Before anyone has a stroke, no, I am not comparing their play on the field. What I am seeing though is a splitting of opinions on Bush, and defensive reactions to those opinions.

I know I am not the only one seeing this, and it's been the loudest after this last weekends game. Having read through a few of these threads, you can sense that the mods are going to soon be hard at work deleting threads and sending people to camp. ;)

Am I the only one seeing this?

Yes

wait I need more words.

Yes you are the only one seeing this because it would be idiotic to have a fight over Reggie Bush. Who do you bench him for? Aaron Stecker? It's not like he's a QB whose holding his backup back. At most benching him would produce another 8 or so carries for deuce to split with his backup Stecker. Woo, hoo.

Beyond which, a lot of people had personnal problems with Brooks (for whatever reason), Bush on the other hand has been very much team first, community first. It seems almost impossible any reasonable person would have a personnal problem with Bush.

If you want to condemn him as a "bust" 8 games into his career, you know, whatever, but at most the discussion centers around giving Deuce an additional 8 carries a game and I can't see how that is remotely inflammatory, not in the way Brooks was.

The Brooks/Delhomme arguement, sadly, seemed to cross more then just football lines.

waaaay too early to be throwing reggie under the bus, i agree. I think that the fans as a whole had way to many expectations of the kid, and in the end, thats all he is, 21 years young. give the guy time, its not like he walks off the field smiling after getting stuffed for a loss, he takes it pretty hard when he doesn't perform as well as he wants.

on a related note though, i would like to see him just run it through the hole every now and then instead of trying to take it to the outside every time.

Anyone with the power of sight and who actually watches the games can see the effect Bush has on a defense. Bush looks terrible rushing the football, but so what. He is Brees' first option on 3rd down almost 100% of the time.

Yes

wait I need more words.

Yes you are the only one seeing this because it would be idiotic to have a fight over Reggie Bush. Who do you bench him for? Aaron Stecker? It's not like he's a QB whose holding his backup back. At most benching him would produce another 8 or so carries for deuce to split with his backup Stecker. Woo, hoo.

Beyond which, a lot of people had personnal problems with Brooks (for whatever reason), Bush on the other hand has been very much team first, community first. It seems almost impossible any reasonable person would have a personnal problem with Bush.

If you want to condemn him as a "bust" 8 games into his career, you know, whatever, but at most the discussion centers around giving Deuce an additional 8 carries a game and I can't see how that is remotely inflammatory, not in the way Brooks was.

The Brooks/Delhomme arguement, sadly, seemed to cross more then just football lines.

If I am the only one seeing this, then why have there been so many threads on Bush' production?

Btw, I am not arguing how productive or non-productive he's been, but rather, how the attitudes seem to be when it comes to his production.

I'd like to stop seeing EXCUSES trotted out when he has bad games. "He's just a rookie" is a phrase I could live without reading for the duration of this season.

You know what? Half the people on this forum have never played any organized football. They think that they know what they are talking about because they subscribe to ESPN insider and listen to John Clayton every day. Well, Bush's supposed instant success that was supposed to be because he played in an "nfl like system" under Pete Carroll, is not happening. People are comparing him to Deuce, well "why can Deuce run and Reggie can't?", have you ever watched Deuce run, this is comparing apples and oranges. Deuce when healthy is one of the most consistant and greatest in the NFL, he is really something special. Deuce understands the game. You have a young KID in Reggie Bush who I am sure he expected to come into the NFL and burn everyone with his quickness, and not need to utilize his blockers because let's face it he was a man among boys in college. Well, why aren't the coaches making him adjust his game because it's the same thing every week. If you want to know what I think, the adjustment will be here sooner than later. Sure TB has a horrid record this year, and their defense is old but make no mistake TB is a very sound defense and they definitely keyed on RB. Go back and look at the Henderson touchdown and watch how many defenders bit on the play action. Quit comparing him to Barry Sanders and saying well this is Barry Sanders' numbers because he is not Barry Sanders, much like people are comparing the 2006 CHI Bears to the 85 Bears. It is not the same thing. Now go ahead and bash me all you want but Reggie Bush WILL COME AROUND and when he does you will all be in love with him just like on draft day when ALOT of the same people bashing bush joined Saintsreport.

First let me start off, I played RB at a pretty high level...college level for a bit, I was a All-River Parish RB not too long ago....I am not a player basher, but I call them like a see t hem.

I've been hard on Reggie a couple of times today, and deservedly so. Yesterday, he did not look good AT ALL running the football...If you are not the #2 pick getting paid all that money, you could get benched for that type of play.

At no point did I say he wouldn't improve or not get better. Right now, he isnot a very good RB. I just get aggravated hearing all these BS excuses for him on the board...and NO, he should not be benched.

I think Reggie will be great. I think worrying about him now is crazy.

First let me start off, I played RB at a pretty high level...college level for a bit, I was a All-River Parish RB not too long ago....I am not a player basher, but I call them like a see t hem.

I've been hard on Reggie a couple of times today, and deservedly so. Yesterday, he did not look good AT ALL running the football...If you are not the #2 pick getting paid all that money, you could get benched for that type of play.

At no point did I say he wouldn't improve or not get better. Right now, he isnot a very good RB. I just get aggravated hearing all these BS excuses for him on the board...and NO, he should not be benched.

Winnar. chicken dinnar, or steak?

Speaking of Brooks-
Does anyone have the pic of Brooks in a Raiders' uni when he looks like he is running for his life? I'm not trying to clown Brooks, it's just that I was talking to a buddy about it and he says he has never seen it.
I looked around and can't find it....also search is disabled on the old site I guess.
Anyway if someone has it please post it here so I can email it to the guy.

???? Don't get it bro, but please take the black and gold glasses of and judge a player by his PLAY on the field..

Dude, please read my other posts on this message board if you must. I'm in complete agreeance with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom