Reggie Bush lawsuit (1 Viewer)

Okay, is there anything dumber than a lawyer with a bodyguard packing heat? I am trying to think of lawyers who have represented me in the past and how many have bodyguards. Hmmmmm. None I am pretty sure.

I think Reggie Bush has a lot going for him. I also think he has not handled this whole thing well. I dont know enough to know if he is to blame for the armed bodyguard and if that reflects on him making a poor choice for a lawyer. Either way it doesnt reflect well on him and it all flows from his decision to deal with this agent.

If the facts turn out he had nothing to do with this then I will be the first to write an apology thread. Right now it seems like there is abundant evidence Bush and his family were getting money and other consdieration from an agent while he played at USC.

What makes it worse is that Bush doesnt seem to be you dumb jock who got taken advantage of and didnt understand. Bush seems very bright to me.

When your a lawyer, going into a depostion with a former gangmember who has threatned to kill Bush back in Decemeber, its probably a good idea to have a body guard. Depositions in civil cases are not held under police security. You go to a private office, usually setup specifcally for depositions (they have big conf rooms, in house food etc.) and you sit alone with the oppositions lawyer and client. It is not the least bit unusual for one side to hire security for it, especially in a case like this.

Last edited:
Right or wrong Reggies image took a hit by this incident. You dont think?

No, I don't think. In the 18,000 other threads about this, stories about Bush being threatened by this "former" gang member Lake have been pointed out. I can't think of a reason any famous person in our society today wouldn't either carry a registered firearm, or have a licensed bodyguard who carries one around the majority of the time. Especially if you are dealing with a potential extortion case by a known bad dude.

When your a lawyer, going into a depostion with a former gangmember who has threatned to kill Bush back in Decemeber, its probably a good idea to have a body guard. Depositions in civil cases are not held under police security. You go to a private office, usually setup specifcally for depositions (they have big conf rooms, in house food etc.) and you sit alone with the oppositions lawyer and client. It is not the least bit unusual for one side to hire security for it, especially in a case like this.

Trust me on this, its unusual to be in a deposition with an armed body guard. And if you are that worried you can use a conference room at a local courthouse and subpoena the witness.

The bodyguard deal is really a small issue anyway which flows from bad choices Reggie Bush made and he is paying the consequences. I hope he can resolve these issues quickly and get back to playing football for the Saints. I also hope he makes better choices in the future, like working out with his team mates. I objected to him missing workouts last year and some on here agreed and some disagreed.

Whether it had to do anyhting with his subpar season and the overall lack of team chemistry the team had this past year, who knows? He sure could have shut me up by coming into the season and lighting it up. I think for all the money he got he had more of a responsiblity to be a team leader in the off season. I hope he becomes that leader in this off season.

No, I don't think. In the 18,000 other threads about this, stories about Bush being threatened by this "former" gang member Lake have been pointed out. I can't think of a reason any famous person in our society today wouldn't either carry a registered firearm, or have a licensed bodyguard who carries one around the majority of the time. Especially if you are dealing with a potential extortion case by a known bad dude.

We can agree to disagree then. I am sure some people will think like you and maybe rightfully so. I think the vast majority will only hear bits and pieces of the story which will include Reggies lawyer's bodyguard being armed at a deposition of a former agent Bush was associated with when Bush allegedly took money.

I am guessing Reggies p.r. agent who gets him all these high dollar commercials is not real excited about this story. He is one of the most marketable athletes in the world and will still be marketable after this, but I still think his reputation is getting dinged up when people read "Reggie Bush" and "guns" in the same paragraph, no matter whether its his fault or not.

Trust me on this, its unusual to be in a deposition with an armed body guard. And if you are that worried you can use a conference room at a local courthouse and subpoena the witness.

The bodyguard deal is really a small issue anyway which flows from bad choices Reggie Bush made and he is paying the consequences. I hope he can resolve these issues quickly and get back to playing football for the Saints. I also hope he makes better choices in the future, like working out with his team mates. I objected to him missing workouts last year and some on here agreed and some disagreed.

Whether it had to do anyhting with his subpar season and the overall lack of team chemistry the team had this past year, who knows? He sure could have shut me up by coming into the season and lighting it up. I think for all the money he got he had more of a responsiblity to be a team leader in the off season. I hope he becomes that leader in this off season.

I filmed depositions for a year during my junior year of college. Hired security is normal in a case like this, especially under these circumstances.

I filmed depositions for a year during my junior year of college. Hired security is normal in a case like this, especially under these circumstances.

So you filmed a lot of depositions where armed bodyguards sat in the depositions? And when you say case like this, you have some experience in cases where superstars are getting sued by their agents? I am just curious. I am not saying there arent cases where security might be warranted, its just far from normal in my experience and would usually involve a depostion at a prison.

That is interesting because there is no way in hell I would allow anyone armed to be present while I took a deposition - unless an inmate was present and those armed were state personnel charged with guarding the inmate.

Were you packing heat, Bonch? :mwink:

So you filmed a lot of depositions where armed bodyguards sat in the depositions? And when you say case like this, you have some experience in cases where superstars are getting sued by their agents? I am just curious. I am not saying there arent cases where security might be warranted, its just far from normal in my experience and would usually involve a depostion at a prison.

modonmx2.gif

Sitting in the deposition? I've seen a few security guard stand in the corner of the room before. When I say cases like this, I mean those that would warrent security, such as a civil suit stemming from a criminal case.

It wouldn't surprise me the least bit to see a bodyguard when you have an ex-con who has threatned to kill your client, who you know is getting anxious, giving testimony to your group of lawyers alone in a room.

Would you sit in the room with an ex-con/gangmember, who has threatned to kill you or your client, in a private building with no security? It just makes no sense to not have a body guard in this situation. There are no metal detectors or pat downs at any deposition buildings I've been too unless they are federal buildings in criminal cases. Sometimes theres a rent-a-cop in the lobby.

In support of their position that security is justified for the Lake deposition, Bush's lawyers plan to allege that Lake told an unidentified witness the following: "You are Reggie Bush's boy, ain't you? You ain't even supposed to be in San Diego. Tell your boy when he comes back to San Diego, he is dead." (We're told that the matter has been referred to law enforcement personnel, who have requested that the identity of the witness not be revealed.)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom