Reggie Bush on being drafted by Saints (1 Viewer)

I still remember being super excited that we drafted Reggie out of SC. As a big fan of him in college, so naturally I was a huge fan when he dawned the Black and Gold. I was heart broken when he left for a bigger pay check though. I couldn't understand when I was younger, but now I can understand why. I regret ripping out Bush off the SB jersey, when he left. :ROFLMAO:

Given the current state of the NCAA with NIL—giving teams the right to literally purchase players through an LLC, I can’t imagine Reggie not getting his Heisman back. They used his name image and likeness probably more than any other player maybe ever. Him getting his mom an apartment on the side seems so small compared to what players get today. I hope they return the trophy to him. I can’t think of any other player who deserved it more. Him and Vince Young are probably the most popular, electrifying athletes the NCAA has ever had.

He may have spent only five seasons as a Saint, but I truly believe he’s probably one of the top 5 most important players in franchise history.
That ‘06 and ‘07 marketing campaign for the franchise had Bush on everything. Not Brees.
I remember going to like 5 or 6 stores with my family trying to get Bush jerseys cause everyone was sold out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom