Reggie Bush On The Herd (January 19th) (1 Viewer)

I would love to get RB back. Still doesnt change the composition of our team much. We will always fill a significant portion of the roster with Budget Players. I dont mind Cadet being one of those budget players.

Payton is the best HC/OC we have ever had but I would give the Nod to Carroll as the better overall HC. He's climbed the mountain in College and the Pro's. Had success (no SB but still success) at NE prior to the Hawks. Reggie is right.

Definitely, I just brought it up because there was a bit of criticism of Sean about how he is a genius OC that excels at creating mismatches but as a head coach has a hard time getting his team motivated.

Bush pretty much echoed that sentiment without being negative.

We took Reggie for granted during his time here. He should have never been let go. He was a perfect fit for our offense and a signature player for the franchise.

We got rid of him right when he was finally starting to ascend. To me, if you draft a player #2 overall, unless he is colossal bust, you hold onto him; the initial investment is what makes it worth holding onto.

I still think he has something to offer this team in the Cadet role. The guy can still run and has some of the best hands I have ever seen on a RB.

I agree that we let go of him at the wrong time, but I believe he wanted to be a featured back and his contract numbers continued to escalate. If he wanted to stay and restructured his contract, it would have been a good situation.

Since we brought in Sproles, Bush wasn't missed as much. Now that we do not have the talent that those guys brought to the table, we are second guessing those decisions.

We took Reggie for granted during his time here. He should have never been let go. He was a perfect fit for our offense and a signature player for the franchise.

We got rid of him right when he was finally starting to ascend. To me, if you draft a player #2 overall, unless he is colossal bust, you hold onto him; the initial investment is what makes it worth holding onto.

I still think he has something to offer this team in the Cadet role. The guy can still run and has some of the best hands I have ever seen on a RB.

I really don't think we took him for granted, I think it was a combination of things that ushered his exit from NO. The first being that he wanted more money than he was worth, the second was that he missed games due to injury, the third is that we had a lot of backs on the roster and with the addition of Sproles we actually upgraded the position.

All that said, I loved RB here, he never complained, he made big plays and he was very underrated as a blocker (pass protection), he was never going to be a 20 carry a game player, his lower body wasn't built for the pounding.

I don't want him back though, I really don't think he has much left and he is all the more injury prone....

It's blatantly false. I'm not sure why he'd outright make stuff up unless he's a hater.

I guess I am just blatantly a hater of more muffed punt fumbles than touchdowns!

I guess I am a hater of a running back that did not come close to a thousand yards! Catching or running!

I guess I am just a hater cuz every other team in the NFL had an opportunity to make him a star but it has yet to happen.

I guess I am a hater of the absolutely un impressive five years here. Far more downs than ups.

I guess now since he is officially a fossil in NFL running back terms and he was consistent at on thing when young and that was being injured or putting the ball on the turf they should give him another shot.

I guess I am just blatantly a hater of more muffed punt fumbles than touchdowns!

Bush punt returns during Saints 2006-20010 seasons. 92 returns, 4 TDs, 10 20+ yard returns, 5 40+ yard returns, 5 fumbles. IIRC, 2 of the fumbles were muffs, the other 3 were fumbles during the run back. In the 2008 season he had 3 TD returns, 2 vs the Vikings. Not a single fumble that season.

I guess I am a hater of a running back that did not come close to a thousand yards! Catching or running!

Despite his injuries during his time with the Saints, he averaged close to 1000 yards from scrimmage his first 4 seasons. The next 3 seasons after he left, he averaged over 1000 yards rushing per season. He did everything the coaches asked while here. Punt returns, rushing, catching, blocking, decoy. I doubt the Saints make it to the Super Bowl without Bush. To deny the impact he had on the organization is absurd.

I guess I am just a hater cuz every other team in the NFL had an opportunity to make him a star but it has yet to happen.

As mentioned above, he averaged over 1000 yards rushing per season in his 2 seasons with Miami and his first season in Detroit.

I guess I am a hater of the absolutely un impressive five years here. Far more downs than ups.

I guess now since he is officially a fossil in NFL running back terms and he was consistent at on thing when young and that was being injured or putting the ball on the turf they should give him another shot.

During his 10 year career, he has played less than 8 games just once. :shrug: During his career he's had 58 TDs and just 18 fumbles lost. :shrug:

Thank you for proving my point. Blatantly false and making stuff up indeed.

Last edited:
By the time Bush was released by us he had become the best third down back in the League.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom