Reggie Bush On The Herd (January 19th) (1 Viewer)

So are we getting the band back together?!?! Bring back Reggie and jimmy man!! Was always a Reggie supporter I believe he is still a matchup problem and no one knew how to use Reggie except coach Payton. I say give home a 1-2 year contract see what he got left for us. He obviously has been wanting to come back to New Orleans the last couple years.

Exactly why I think we should bring him back. Reggie is still a matchup problem when he's used the right way. You can't convince me the bills knew how to use him and the reason for his poor play was because he doesn't have it anymore. He's been low mileage player his entire career. He's a young 31 in football years compared to say a Steven Jackson (Rams) at 31 who was logging 300 carry seasons repeatedly.

I agree. Reggie fits so well in our offense. Payton already knows how to use him. Drew should be comfortable with him already. He would give us that X factor player who we can line up anywhere that the defense has to account for. And he'd come pretty cheap I would imagine.

It seems now Reggie has a greater appreciation for how Payton used him back in his days with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took Reggie for granted during his time here. He should have never been let go. He was a perfect fit for our offense and a signature player for the franchise.

We got rid of him right when he was finally starting to ascend. To me, if you draft a player #2 overall, unless he is colossal bust, you hold onto him; the initial investment is what makes it worth holding onto.

I still think he has something to offer this team in the Cadet role. The guy can still run and has some of the best hands I have ever seen on a RB.

We took Reggie for granted during his time here. He should have never been let go. He was a perfect fit for our offense and a signature player for the franchise.

We got rid of him right when he was finally starting to ascend. To me, if you draft a player #2 overall, unless he is colossal bust, you hold onto him; the initial investment is what makes it worth holding onto.

I still think he has something to offer this team in the Cadet role. The guy can still run and has some of the best hands I have ever seen on a RB.

What really sucked is that he got hurt on a punt return, not a scrimmage play, then every other RB on the roster got hurt at one time or another. Still though, his production did decline each season he was here. Maybe he'd have turned it around that season without the broken leg, but we'll never know.

I guess time helps you guys forget muffed punts in the dozens. I guess time helps you guys forget totally horrable rushing production. I guess the few and far between "juked some guy out of their jock" plays far out weigh being a complete NFL player by any stretch of the imagination.

You guys sure are fun with this stuff.

I guess time helps you guys forget muffed punts in the dozens. I guess time helps you guys forget totally horrable rushing production. I guess the few and far between "juked some guy out of their jock" plays far out weigh being a complete NFL player by any stretch of the imagination.

You guys sure are fun with this stuff.
I don't think that's accurate.

What really sucked is that he got hurt on a punt return, not a scrimmage play, then every other RB on the roster got hurt at one time or another. Still though, his production did decline each season he was here. Maybe he'd have turned it around that season without the broken leg, but we'll never know.

Did his production decline or did his usage decline? He was averaging over 4-5 ypc by the time he was done here. He was finally starting to figure things out, only he didn't get the second contract like Mark Ingram did.

As soon as he left here, he suddenly became a 1,000 yard back.

Did his production decline or did his usage decline? He was averaging over 4-5 ypc by the time he was done here. He was finally starting to figure things out, only he didn't get the second contract like Mark Ingram did.

In his rookie season, Deuce was the 1100 yard rushing primary beast.

After that his games started and played went down, spiked up briefly in 2009, but maybe his usage dropped because Pierre Thomas.

You look it up if you want. Yes his YPC went up, but he wasn't playing as much either.

As I said, I think he looked poised to turn around in 2010, but he broke his leg on a punt return.

He did not suddenly get better. He had a bigger role in Miami than he ever did here because the dolphins handed him the ball and used him like a every down back. Detroit reverted him back to the saints style and that's when he started getting outdone by Joique Bell. Reggie needed volume to succeed. And the saints could not give him that and won't if he comes back either. I would be concerned of Reggie stealing production and targets away from Thomas.

Cadet ain't even in the same universe as Reggie Bush. Not even close.

So no one wants to talk about his opinion that Sean is a better OC than head coach? Or at least not as good of a head coach as Pete Carroll.

Payton is the best HC/OC we have ever had but I would give the Nod to Carroll as the better overall HC. He's climbed the mountain in College and the Pro's. Had success (no SB but still success) at NE prior to the Hawks. Reggie is right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom