Reggie Bush Sirius Recap (not much Saints talk) (1 Viewer)

BoroSaint

Bring the Wood!!!!!
Reaction score
For the first few minutes they discussed the Lloyd Lake situation. For those interested, here’s what he had to say:
Unfortunate situation. Case of people looking at him and seeing dollar signs. Will fight it in the court room and not through the media. Same old stuff…thought he was genuine and a friend and he ended up stabbing Reggie in the back. With the book, just an attempt to make money off of the publicity Lake has received from this situation. It’s been tough to deal with, but it’s something to learn from so he will never get in this situation again. Reggie said he is 100% unconcerned with whether or not this will affect his college career (possible NCAA violations). Intends on giving a deposition, but hasn’t agreed to give one yet. Is ready to get this behind, go play football and win a Super Bowl.

Talked about the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl:
Kind of surprised that the Giants made it to the Super Bowl. Talked about the surprise of Burress dominating Harris. Impressed by the Giants’ running back combo. Some other uninteresting stuff about the Giants/Packers game.

On the hiring of Orgeron:
Very excited about Coach Orgeron and talked to him today. Thinks it’s a huge addition to add a guy as passionate as him. Great coach and great guy who will bring intensity to the defense and the entire team (Schein said he will kick some ***!).

Deuce situation:
Hasn’t heard anything lately except that he is rehabbing and Reggie looks forward to getting back to the 1,2 punch they had.

That’s about it. Not much interesting conversation really. I was for maybe a little bit of Saints talk, but oh well. I thought some of you might be interested in what he had to say.

Adam and Solly didn't really ask any Saints-related questions until right at the end.

After reading over what I typed I thought about not even posting. Most of it was pretty uninteresting. But I thought some folks still might want to hear what he had to say. Anything to give a little info. between now and free agency.

Glad to hear yet another endorsement of Orgeron. I'm really excited about the energy he could bring to our DL.

The fact that Reggie spoke with Ed Orgeron today shows that Bush is very intent on stepping up as a leader on this team and being around during the off-season. Orgeron coaches the defensive line but Reggie is making sure that he shows the team that he is a supporter of this team and the moves we are trying to make in order to get better. Reggie is the consummate team player and will do what is necessary to become one of the best players in this league.

The fact that Reggie spoke with Ed Orgeron today shows that Bush is very intent on stepping up as a leader on this team and being around during the off-season. Orgeron coaches the defensive line but Reggie is making sure that he shows the team that he is a supporter of this team and the moves we are trying to make in order to get better. Reggie is the consummate team player and will do what is necessary to become one of the best players in this league.

Isn't the conversation just a function of Reggie knowing Orgeron from their USC days? I find it hard to believe that Reggie would call Joe Blow, the new D-line coach, just to demonstrate that he was a team leader.

Deuce situation:
Hasn’t heard anything lately except that he is rehabbing and Reggie looks forward to getting back to the 1,2 punch they had.

Thanks, BoroSaint! :9:

Good to hear that he still sees his combo with Deuce as a key to the Saints' success. Of course, Deuce's rehab (and what PT and Stecker bring after the offseason) will be key.

Thought it might be good to look (listen) back to what Reggie and Deuce said leading up to this past (2007) season. Somehow, I believe their comments here will sort of dovetail with what the Saints are shooting for in 2008.

Anyway...

Sirius interviews (2007 training camp):

Reggie Bush: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=BackStageAsset&cid=1186596323045

Deuce McAllister: http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=BackStageAsset&cid=1186596323061

:gosaints:

Isn't the conversation just a function of Reggie knowing Orgeron from their USC days? I find it hard to believe that Reggie would call Joe Blow, the new D-line coach, just to demonstrate that he was a team leader.

Hater..:no:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom