reggie does not need to be returning punts ever agian! (1 Viewer)

A healthy Reggie would've left the coverage team for dead, even if he was going for the sideline.

He couldn't outrun them, that says it all. He's not close to healthy.

Agreed.

He may actually be healthy, but he isn't in shape yet. Sedrick Ellis would of outrun him on that punt return. Slowest I've seen him ever.

Reggie Bush... ***?!?

Dropped passes, muffed PUNT, man he was rusty as hell..

You kinda have to expect that. He has missed a lot of time. He will bounce back vs. Cincy.

*sigh* Drink some more beers and enjoy the win man.

Come playoff time, you'll be glad he's out there returning punts. I'd put money down on it.

A healthy Reggie would've left the coverage team for dead, even if he was going for the sideline.

He couldn't outrun them, that says it all. He's not close to healthy.

We've seen a healthy Reggie do this once or twice before, too.

Meh. I don't know if he was truly ready to be out there, but if he felt he was and the coaches felt he was, then I'll go with that. We are in a position where winning every week is completely necessary, and I don't think the coaches would have put Reggie in such danger if he actually weren't ready.

I've been hard on Bush post game and was ticked. He had no business playing and looked slow as hell.

BUT...He didn't muff it and it wasn't him being careless. It was just a great play to punch it out from behind.

He's just too indecisive on punt returns... IMO on PR you have to make up your mind and go... get up the field as quick as possible.

on that fumble he tried to make a good 3 juke moves and ran laterally towards the sidelines on his way to being chased down by the coverage,

Ever? Are you kidding me?

Never again put our most explosive offensive player on punt returns? Never? When hes been proven to be a dangerous returner? Im glad you arent coaching.

All the more reason to NOT put him in a critical situation of returning a punt in our own territroy.

Now THIS I can definetly agree with. Good post.

But to all the people who say he wasn't ready and Payton missed on this one, come on now. Like I already said, this ISN'T Madden 11. It's going to take him some time to get used to normal game speed, get his legs under him, etc etc. Just look at his numbers after coming back from a injury, they're similar.

Your probably right, he wasn't ready, but he wouldn't have been ready if he came back next week, or the week after that, or the week after that, it's almost like a learning period.

He's the best punt returner we have. Lance Moore doesn't get close, and anyone else that gets back there is only there for their hands.

However, he wasn't ready to be returning punts. Hopefully he can be kept limited throughout the stretch, and get himself healthy for the playoffs. Because from tonight's showing, he's not ready yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom