Reggie: "Gonna put in overtime so I can play better next week. A true leader doesn't make mistakes in crunch time" (1 Viewer)

He had a bad game so he's not a leader? Why haven't you applied that flawed logic to other players that have had bad games this year, which includes Brees?

Brees is a leader, Vilma is a leader, Shockey and Sharper are leaders, but Reggie? I've never heard anyone say Reggie is a leader except Reggie. Maybe I missed it, maybe he is a leader.

Brees is a leader, Vilma is a leader, Shockey and Sharper are leaders, but Reggie? I've never heard anyone say Reggie is a leader except Reggie. Maybe I missed it, maybe he is a leader.

how-to-stretch3.jpg

He's been with the team throughout the Brees/Payton era. The coaching staff as well as other players have commented multiple times on his work ethic and the example he sets. Is he a quarterback or middle linebacker? No. But he is part of the core leadership of the team.

Just a little rusty REG...I'm quite sure you will put on a show in Cincy. Go get'em Matrix!!!

I agree. Ivory and Thomas continuously give better production. Put Reggies butt on the bench, trade him for as much as the Saint's can get, and use the draft choices to improve the team even more. I am so tired of the Reggie lapdogs, here and in the local media. How about giving the congrats where they are earned......Just sayin

Joe

:jpshakehead:

We are a long way from the days when we had a QB that would smile when he threw picks arent we. Thank you so much Saints.

Reggie will dominate next game. Watch.

Roy Williams smile after his GAME-LOSING fumble reminded me so much of Aaron :hihi:

Attachments

• roy.jpg
    roy.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 3
Roy Williams smile after his GAME-LOSING fumble reminded me so much of Aaron :hihi:

Well, it was a nice catch and run. He was probably just happy to hear that he had over 80 yards for the day. To heck with the team.

Around here, people either love or hate Reggie. Seems like most people support him. I do, for sure. I like the guy. He has never been a locker room cancer. What I admire about him is the fact that he isnt the hall of fame running back that he was thought to be coming out of college - most guys would either live up to the expectations, or completely fall flat on their faces. You seen countless of cant miss highly touted draft picks flop - they arent mentally tough enough to redefine themselves in the face of expectations. Reggie has learned his role and allowed himself to be successful in what he does well. Payton also plays to his players strengths as a coach, and that helps him as well. Youve never seen the guy react negatively to a question at a press conference or during an interview. He is composed, he works his butt off, and I guarantee you that before this season is over, Reggie will have played a crucial role in getting this team back to Dallas where he will avenge that fumble in the SB.

Secondly, I feel that Reggie has become MORE of this team and city following the fallout with USC and the Heisman debacle. I think he feels the love here. We are a city defined by comebacks.

Im still a Ricky Williams fan. Ill always be a Reggie fan.

Spot on IMO.

Dude u gotta be kidding me. Without reggie we are still ringless. He is so valuable to this team in more ways than one. Not only is he a threat anytime he has the ball but he makes defenses have to account for him on every play. He is the greatest decoy in the NFL and he frees up other players juest because he is out there. I say we trade u to another team. Just sayin.

I like Reggie, But saying he won us the superbowl is false, you can only say that about one individual Saint, and thats Drew! Was Reggie a key piece of the puzzle Yes, but acting like the Saints could not have won without him is the reason Reggie gets alot of backlash on this forum. Realize that his 8 mill salary could be used to buy alot of talent, and our backfield is becoming stacked with talent besides Reggie.

Reggie's a fine human being, but the myriad of excuses he receives from the fans is just annoying. He can do no wrong, even when he does do wrong.

Reggie's a fine human being, but the myriad of excuses he receives from the fans is just annoying. He can do no wrong, even when he does do wrong.

You feeling like you need to be the guy that repeats this, or something like this, at every opportunity is also annoying.....just saying.

There are certain players who have also majorly contributed to our success who do not get this kind of leeway. Judging from the post-Cleveland posts, I don't even think Drew Brees does, and he's been a far more integral part of our success than Reggie Bush. You can't make those kind of mistakes, and he's been prone towards them more than most of our offensive weapons. There are useful things he accomplishes for us, but you need to weigh those things and at some point consider that Reggie Bush is as turnover prone as AP on a per-touch basis and can't seem to stay healthy. In some games, he honestly is detrimental. I'm aware this is going to be universally panned, but I've stopped hoping the player we see in flashes who can take over a game can ever do it consistently or even be on the field consistently. I hope he proves me wrong in a Saints uniform.

This crappy thread reminds me of Battlestar Galactia, all this has been said before and it will all be said again.

Last time I checked, the coach & GM & team were just fine having Reggie Bush as a Saint. The rest of you can stick it already.

Reggie was a little rusty and he made some mistakes and mental errors. I think there are a few others on the team we can say the same about over this season. But no player is perfect, everyone has a bad day every once in a while. I believe Reggie will beast it up against the the Bungles. I have faith in you Reggie, so come on and show everyone what you are capable of doing. Reggie! Reggie! Reggie! Geaux Saints.

I like Reggie, But saying he won us the superbowl is false, you can only say that about one individual Saint, and thats Drew! Was Reggie a key piece of the puzzle Yes, but acting like the Saints could not have won without him is the reason Reggie gets alot of backlash on this forum. Realize that his 8 mill salary could be used to buy alot of talent, and our backfield is becoming stacked with talent besides Reggie.
We don't make it to the superbowl last year without Reggie. I do like the new found talent that we have in our backfield but I guarantee you that defenses are not keying in on ivory or betts or Jones or even Pierre the same way they do with Reggie. Reggie is the fastest guy on any field that he is on and is somebody that u gameplan against. If a defense treats reggie the same way they do to any of the rbs listed above, he is gonna burn you. Nobody is double teaming ivory or betts. That is why Reggies stats are not so impressive. Stick a lb on reggie all year and he will have 2000 yds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom