Reggie: "Gonna put in overtime so I can play better next week. A true leader doesn't make mistakes in crunch time" (1 Viewer)

Dude u gotta be kidding me. Without reggie we are still ringless. He is so valuable to this team in more ways than one. Not only is he a threat anytime he has the ball but he makes defenses have to account for him on every play. He is the greatest decoy in the NFL and he frees up other players juest because he is out there. I say we trade u to another team. Just sayin.

Cliche alert!

He was only out there on that punt because Lance Moore got dinged up and he told coach payton the lights was giving him trouble fielding kicks.

Payton confirmed this in his press conference when asked why he put reggie back there and Payton said he planned not to use Reggie @ all in the return game.

Reggie fancies himself to be a leader? What qualifies him to be a leader? I think he looks lost out there, and he thinks he's a leader?

That said, I blame Payton for forcing too much on him so soon. He needed a couple of "confidence games" before returning punts. He will get better, even after the setback in Dallas.

I think he has a better idea of if he's a leader or not than you do.

Reggie is right. A true leader does not make mistakes in crunch time. I look for Reggie to bounce back after the Dallas game. Mainly because his game speed and timing will eventually be "par for the course" and also it seems that Reggie Bush has his mind and heart in the right place.

There are certain players who have also majorly contributed to our success who do not get this kind of leeway. Judging from the post-Cleveland posts, I don't even think Drew Brees does, and he's been a far more integral part of our success than Reggie Bush. You can't make those kind of mistakes, and he's been prone towards them more than most of our offensive weapons. There are useful things he accomplishes for us, but you need to weigh those things and at some point consider that Reggie Bush is as turnover prone as AP on a per-touch basis and can't seem to stay healthy. In some games, he honestly is detrimental. I'm aware this is going to be universally PANNED, but I've stopped hoping the player we see in FLASHES who can take over a game can ever do it consistently or even be on the field consistently. I hope he proves me wrong in a Saints uniform.

So your saying he is a flash in the pan.

We should have put one of the guys folks here were talking about that could "easily replace" Pierre & we wouldn't have had a problem!

If Reggie can't get it figured out, maybe we could sign Kim as a decoy?

Reggie fancies himself to be a leader? What qualifies him to be a leader? I think he looks lost out there, and he thinks he's a leader?

That said, I blame Payton for forcing too much on him so soon. He needed a couple of "confidence games" before returning punts. He will get better, even after the setback in Dallas.

I agree. I don't think any of our players should aspire to be leaders. They should all be selfish, me first players.

We don't make it to the superbowl last year without Reggie. I do like the new found talent that we have in our backfield but I guarantee you that defenses are not keying in on ivory or betts or Jones or even Pierre the same way they do with Reggie. Reggie is the fastest guy on any field that he is on and is somebody that u gameplan against. If a defense treats reggie the same way they do to any of the rbs listed above, he is gonna burn you. Nobody is double teaming ivory or betts. That is why Reggies stats are not so impressive. Stick a lb on reggie all year and he will have 2000 yds.

Again, I disagree, his salary could have been used to bring in another speed guy who could command a double team. It may have been a dropoff, but not enough to keep the Saints out of the Superbowl. How many games have the Saints won over the last two years with Reggie out? The only person on the team that is irreplaceable was, and is Drew. Reggie makes the team much better, but truth be told, he is replaceable, expecially when one considers the talent that his salary could buy. I own three saints jersey's, one is Reggie's. I'm not a hater, just a realist.:9:

Again, I disagree, his salary could have been used to bring in another speed guy who could command a double team. It may have been a dropoff, but not enough to keep the Saints out of the Superbowl. How many games have the Saints won over the last two years with Reggie out? The only person on the team that is irreplaceable was, and is Drew. Reggie makes the team much better, but truth be told, he is replaceable, expecially when one considers the talent that his salary could buy. I own three saints jersey's, one is Reggie's. I'm not a hater, just a realist.:9:

The fact that you referred to him as a "speed guy" makes me wonder if you really do get why Payton wants him in this offense.

When people say he is irreplaceable, they mean there is no other player in this league that does every single thing that he does, at least not at a better level. Sure we can get a better player for the money, we could get a Larry Fitzgerald for $8 million a year probably. You can make that argument for most players on our team though. We could upgrade many positions on this team, but that doesn't mean they would be better fits. There's more to the NFL than amassing good talent. It has to be the right talent. And the fact that Reggie is still here proves to me that Payton thinks he's the right talent for this offense.

For what Payton has him doing, no there is no single player that can come in here and do all of those things, much less to a superior level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom