Reggie: "Gonna put in overtime so I can play better next week. A true leader doesn't make mistakes in crunch time" (1 Viewer)

The fact that you referred to him as a "speed guy" makes me wonder if you really do get why Payton wants him in this offense.

When people say he is irreplaceable, they mean there is no other player in this league that does every single thing that he does, at least not at a better level. Sure we can get a better player for the money, we could get a Larry Fitzgerald for $8 million a year probably. You can make that argument for most players on our team though. We could upgrade many positions on this team, but that doesn't mean they would be better fits. There's more to the NFL than amassing good talent. It has to be the right talent. And the fact that Reggie is still here proves to me that Payton thinks he's the right talent for this offense.

For what Payton has him doing, no there is no single player that can come in here and do all of those things, much less to a superior level.

I'm not trying to slight Reggie at all, I know what he brings. I'm saying that our team is solid and deep enought to win without a Reggie Bush. Drew is an Elite Quaterback, Reggie helps, but is not a necessity. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have won the SB without a Reggie Bush, I believe Drew could too. It was said without Reggie, we do not win the superbowl. I just don't believe that to be true. I belieive Reggie is a great fit, i'm glad we have him, but assuming we couldn't win the big one without him is an insult to both coach and Drew.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom