Reggie may never recover (his reputation) (1 Viewer)

Funny thing about life, the dread over an impending tragedy usually out-weighs the tragedy itself.

right on. the biggest stressors are open ended, on going events without a clear end in sight, any resolution good or bad will be a great thing for Reggie.

These NCAA rules are not made to protect athletes, there made to punish them,

Sorry, dude, I completely disagree. There is a reason for the 4 thousand commercials every NCAA game that says, "some of us are going professional in other thing." Why do they say this.... because they are students. I was a NCAA athelete, guess what, I didn't make a lot of money in college, but the funny thing was, nobody else on my team did either. You know what thought, we made money when we left. Why should reggie. Because some guy offered a lot. Guess what, some guy offered my acid at a rave, its illegal, but because I due to get messed up at a rave does it make it okay....nope. Maybe that a bad analogy?

Reggie doesn't get a pass because "he going to make a ton of money in the future." It doesn't matter. Lets say a guy like Mcknight takes $1,000,000 from a guy because "its due." Next year breaks his hip and never plays again. I guess that is legit.

My point, University are closed systems that should never have money exchanged with students for "what due to come." The only thing taken and received should be education.

I'm done

Last edited:
right on. the biggest stressors are open ended, on going events without a clear end in sight, any resolution good or bad will be a great thing for Reggie.

Yahoo Sports has been championing this because Bush it still gives their traffic a boost. I imagine that as Bush's on field performance hasn't matched the nedia's expectations that it's steadily losing steam. They'll lose interest when they finally figure out the average run of the mill football fan isn't interested in reading about a guy that isn't leading the NFL in anything. It'll end after that book flops and the Downtown Athletic Club doesn't take away his Heisman.......

He'll probably spend 4-5 hours counting stacks of cash and feel pretty recovered after that. What a bunch of hooey. I bet Reggie spends about 30 seconds a year thinking about all this BS.

Sorry, dude, I completely disagree. There is a reason for the 4 thousand commercials every NCAA game that says, "some of us are going professional in other thing." Why do they say this.... because they are students. I was a NCAA athelete, guess what, I didn't make a lot of money in college, but the funny thing was, nobody else on my team did either. You know what thought, we made money when we left. Why should reggie. Because some guy offered a lot. Guess what, some guy offered my acid at a rave, its illegal, but because I due to get messed up at a rave does it make it okay....nope. Maybe that a bad analogy?

The analogy isn't that bad but the Grammar is horrid!!!

as soon as I saw the yahoo sports link... I stopped there.

It's yahoo for god sakes, Yahoo stock has been falling since the rise of Google and they need a spark, their sports area and pretty decent email has been the only saving grace for that god awful site for the past 10 years..

Yahoo wont be around long enough and the sports area isn't respected enough to grow beyond where it is now (The bottom feeder). So don't read into what writers at Yahoo has to say. BTW ( they get paid per click on their Journals so every person you lure to their blogs keep these writers employed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom