Reggie may never recover (his reputation) (3 Viewers)

I think he will recover. I think this book stuff has been hanging over his head for awhile and once it's all over, he'll be able to start over and recover. He was on top of the world, now he's fell. It will be a true test of how mature he is and how much of a man he is to rise back up.

Reggie may never recover

Whew....I thought from your thread title that you were talking about his knee injury.

I hope you are right. I think Reggie was the most exciting draft pick we have ever had, and it has just been one negative thing after another this year with him. This will be a true test of his character and maturity, I just don't think he will ever live up to most fans expectations as a player. I hope I am wrong though.

he earned the award on the field - if the take it from him for his folks action it still doesnt change how he earned it

KK may hurt him more than this book lol

Th media will always run stuff into the ground. I swear this guy works for yahoo sports. It seems to me that he's upset that he didn't get Reggie to sign with his agency. Reggie's dad seems to play a big part in this also. The sad thing to me is "HE NOT THE ONLY ONE DOING THIS IN COLLEGE".

Hype to promote a book destined to just fade away. Bush's failure to live up the media's unrealistic expectations will cause it to slowly just disappear. The "take way his Heisman" garbage is purely invented hype by the book's publisher. The Downtown Athletic Club awards the Heisman and isn't officially part of the NCAA. They've never taken one away. If OJ's still had his until he sold it, they won't take Reggie's away. Just wait, by TC this will be forgotten. Yahoo Sports and the author are the only ones keeping this flatline story out of the morgue. It'll be buried soon......

This has nothing to do with him as an NFL player. They can't take anything away from him that he is currently earning, or will earn in the future, as an NFL player. It's almost a non issue for Reggie. The only ones it really concerns is USC.

One has to wonder how much of all of this is true -- the article about the books says the marketer was paid for his information and that he had tried to become into a relationship with Reggie when he went pro. If the player is to get punished why not punish the guy himself -- seems like that is pretty unethical in practice -- and in my mind would it not be illegal to pay a college player -- Hmm -- I say throw the marketer in jail

Glad this came out when it did. This will be forgotten when next season begins. Reggie can deal with this crap during the offseason and get his mind right for next season.

This has nothing to do with him as an NFL player. They can't take anything away from him that he is currently earning, or will earn in the future, as an NFL player. It's almost a non issue for Reggie. The only ones it really concerns is USC.[/QUOTE]

That's right b/c they are the ones encouraging this stuff and probably why Pete Carroll is entertaining the ATL job. He probably wants to skip town b/c the NCAA comes down with some sanctions and takes away records, seasons and their covented Nat'l Championship.

These NCAA rules are not made to protect athletes, there made to punish them, you let all these grown men hound these guys with money, cars and clothes, and as an athlete, when you the man on campus, you wanna "look the part" your winning games, making the university alot of money with jersey sales and tv time, but they expect you to be a regular student? the rules should punish these ADULTS for interferring with these student athletes, and it shouldnt be left up to the student to fend off these guys, there professionals, they know how to sell these guys a dream of fortune and fame, how do you tell a guy who's father is a security guard and family in debt that he shouldn take advantage of these people who want him only because he is a star in the making with god given talent, and sex appeal? (the total package) all these guys see are money signs...who wouldnt fall into this trap? honestly?

Reggie is wrong because there are rules in place saying he shouldnt be doing this, but the NCAA needs to alter these rules and to protect these guys, and possibly pay these guys for there work on the field, since there bringing in so much money for these schools anyway.

Reggie will not only recover from this incident, but recover from his up and down season. He will go on to become one of the great players in this league and this season and the mess surrounding this Lloyd Lake will be seen as the dark moment in a great career just as every player seems to have when they are doing those sports documentaries.

I never talked to Reggie personally about this issue because I do not feel its any of my business and I gather that he is probably ill and fatigued with the matter. But my opinion is that Reggie's family got involved with Lake and Michaels without Reggie initally knowing about it. At some point, Reggie meets these individuals but he is simply told that they are his father's acquaintances and people who are just helping the family out. Reggie goes on playing football. Toward the end of his junior campaign, Lake and Michaels look for Bush to sign with them and Reggie is confused by the belief that they feel he would just sign with them. He then gathers some information from his parents and realizes that the reason these people were helping them in the first place was in hopes of having him [Reggie] signed to their marketing agency. Reggie tells his parents this is bad and that he will repay all the money they received because the situation is just good. Thus, Reggie's reason for saying he does not know any amounts or the details of the matter. Michaels gets repaid. Lake does not as he wants more--he wants to market the money-machine himself, Reggie Bush. That's what I would gather from all of this and that is what likely took place. Reggie did nothing wrong buttried to bail his parents out if this mess as any child with the means to do so would. Of course, he could have gone to the authorities, but only was attempting to keep himself out of trouble since he had nothing to do with it.

I'm glad it's out now. I just wish the NCAA would also go ahead and wrap up it's investigation (if one even still exists).

Funny thing about life, the dread over an impending tragedy usually out-weighs the tragedy itself.

Whatever comes down the line for Reggie, he'll feel much more relieved once it's all over with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom