Reggie's Big Day? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Carson Palmer gave props to Reggie, he actually said that he was the only star on the team... I hope Reggie proves him right and lights it up... what an idiot we have many stars on the offensive side of the ball Brees, Colston, Deuce, Horn, Bush has yet to emerge... i stress yet

The Bengals defense was bragging that they face good Runningbacks all the time... like Tomlinson last week... They said that we have to stop good running backs every week so this is no difference... If you call 170yds rushing and 4TDs stopping good running backs I hope that they stop us on sunday just like they did Tomlinson

Bengals cannot stop anybody... So will Reggie prove the defense wrong on Sunday or will all of our Stars lite em' up?:scratch:

Personally I'd like to see a scenario where we don't force Bush too much and maybe get Duece going then hit them with a mix of Reggie and Bush....

Personally I'd like to see a scenario where we don't force Bush too much and maybe get Duece going then hit them with a mix of Reggie and Bush....

I agree it is hard for Deuce to get in good rhythm when they keep alternating series... I would like to see them pound Deuce, but i do no think that he is 100% so that is whey He is not getting if 20-25 carries per game... I rather have both of them healthy down the stretch than have Deuce beatin and bang up and have to run just Reggie

I agree it is hard for Deuce to get in good rhythm when they keep alternating series... I would like to see them pound Deuce, but i do no think that he is 100% so that is whey He is not getting if 20-25 carries per game... I rather have both of them healthy down the stretch than have Deuce beatin and bang up and have to run just Reggie

I guess I'm a sucker for when Duece breaks those big runs, that one he had against Tampa was so awesome, he come busting out down the field right torwards where we were sitting...I loved it, then he ran a couple guys over before going down....

I can't wait until Reggie breaks a big one....Hopefully its at home this Sunday...:ezbill:

I don't pay any attention to any of that because more then likely he won't be saying the same thing come this time next year, Colston should win the ROY and Bree's will more then likely go to the Pro Bowl......

I may be in the minority here, but I would like to see
a game where Bush can get into a rhythem running
the football. He showed vast improvement last week
and with he and Marshall talking by phone each week,
I know that Marshall has been telling him to be more
patient and read the cut back lanes like he did in
college rather than looking to just make the big play
from the onset.

Reggie came out and got a lot of touches in the first
game against Cleveland, had 51 yards by half on 10
carries and was headed toward a 100 yard day but
never got the carries and his rhythm going in the
second. Last week, he was actually more successful
running the fototball than was Deuce, who also was
not doing a bad job against a typically-stingy run
defense.

I think in the end, both players need to be able to
touch the football, Deuce probably moreso than
Reggie only because you can get Reggie a lot of
touches as a WR. But I would like to see at least
one game where Reggie carries it 18 to 20 times.

I think a good thing for Payton to do would be to
have a series where he goes with one player
that entire series running the football and mixing
in the pass. He kind of does that but has made it
his occasion to substitute one of them out for the
other rather than have an entire series with one
back featured exclusively where they can get into
a rhythm.

Really and truly, I think this is one of the reasons why
our running game has not gotten off the ground the
way it should. Sure, our o-line is better built for pass
blocking, particularly with having Nesbit and Stinchcomb
in there. But Brown, Faine and Evans are solid run
blockers. I think we can run the football. Heck we showed
it against the Steelers and have flashed it at times during
the season. But when your focus is on trying to get two elite
backs the football, it takes away from your purpose for even
getting them the football in the first place. If neither back
can get into a rhythm, then our running game does not get into
a rhythm either. And the only way that running a two-back system
like we have in place truly becomes effective is if you decide you
will be an exclusive running team and run each guy 20 times a game.
That's not our identity, especially with Brees, Colston, Horn and
the rest of the guys.

I hate to say it, but ultimately, someone is going to get traded. I love
having both Deuce and Reggie. I think it gives us an advantage. But
we have to find ways to insure that it is a true advantage and not
something that just looks good on paper. In college, it was easy to
have Bush run and then pop LenDale White in to get his carries and
yards. Yards were easier to come by and a team could actually touch
the ball four times in a quarter. In the NFL, you might only get one drive
in a quarter against a solid, ball-control team so every touch becomes that
much more important.

I have to give Payton a lot of credit in that he creates a number of touches.
We managed to get off 70+ plays last week without grinding the ball out.
But we have to begin to turn those touches into rhythm building plays for
both Bush and Deuce and I think defenses will suffer even more to an offense
that, to me, is arguably the best in the NFL and still has not reached its best
potential. WOW!

reggie's big day came when he signed that contract. He has the right attitude to excel. I do hope the game slows down for him and he starts to put some nails in opposing teams coffins!!!

Reggie's Big Day?

Well, he's on the game ticket this week. Premonition ?

Actually I see Payton coming out and running the football almost exclusively. I expect Bush and Deuce to get a bunch of carries. The Bengals are ranked at the bottom of the league(Or close to it) against the run and it would be the ideal way to keep Palmer and company off the field.

I think we can keep both. The league used to be dominated by single backs, you never really saw 2 starting running backs on the same team. Now that its become successful, I believe more and more teams will start doing it. Having the 1 fast back, and 1 power back seems to be the right formula.

Barber, Jacobs
Bush, Deuce
Maroney, Dillon
Parker, Bettis (i know he's retired..but they still did it well)
These are all successful and have won superbowls, or have talent to do so.

Some teams use double backs, though not both power runners.

Dunn, Vick, Norwood
Foster, Williams
Brown, Williams (i know...canada league..but it started working great last year)

We'll keep deuce. If we ever get into a game when we need to ground the clock out in the 2nd half, Bush will not be able to take 20+ carries in a half year in and out, he's just not built for it.

Also Deuce has had alot of serious injuries in his career. He's still a little young, but he's getting closer and closer to 30....and 30 is the year most backs decline greatly. Im not sure anyone would give him alot of money for short yardage situations...no more then what we would offer him anyways.

Last edited:
Actually I see Payton coming out and running the football almost exclusively. I expect Bush and Deuce to get a bunch of carries. The Bengals are ranked at the bottom of the league(Or close to it) against the run and it would be the ideal way to keep Palmer and company off the field.

agree 100%%%%%%%%

A RB HAS to have a rythm in order to make big plays. I know Duece is still working on the knee injury, but we need to have him pound the ball and kill the clock. On the other hand, to risk Duece getting injured and losing him for the rest of the year would not be good.

I have an idea. Give Duece about 20 + touches, Bush about 15 touches and let Karney have the rock about 5 times. That way Duece can pound with Karney pounding em down harder. Then, let Reggie be Reggie. I notice that they don't put Reg and Duece in the backfield together much anymore. I think it compounds the coverage scheme with both of them in together.

One little side note. I always envisioned Reggie in motion with a LB covering. I have yet to see that. It's always a DB. How do we get a LB to be responsible for Reg?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom