Reggie's Big Day? (1 Viewer)

And people say that teams do NOT focus on bush... HA!... what a better way for brees to get over 500 yards passing in a game lol... 28th ranked pass defense FOCUSING ON THE RUN!!!

the more carson palmer talks the more i don't like him...may charles grant and will smith destroy him this weekend

the more carson palmer talks the more i don't like him...may charles grant and will smith destroy him this weekend

He's starting to grate on me too. Maybe Johnson is rubbing off on him.

Brees gets 367 yards Sunday while the run is Cincy's main focus.

We'll keep deuce. If we ever get into a game when we need to ground the clock out in the 2nd half, Bush will not be able to take 20+ carries in a half year in and out, he's just not built for it.
QUOTE]

I think Bush can run the clock out at the end of a game... But why when we have Deuce!!!

A RB HAS to have a rythm in order to make big plays. I know Duece is still working on the knee injury, but we need to have him pound the ball and kill the clock. On the other hand, to risk Duece getting injured and losing him for the rest of the year would not be good.

I have an idea. Give Duece about 20 + touches, Bush about 15 touches and let Karney have the rock about 5 times. That way Duece can pound with Karney pounding em down harder. Then, let Reggie be Reggie. I notice that they don't put Reg and Duece in the backfield together much anymore. I think it compounds the coverage scheme with both of them in together.

One little side note. I always envisioned Reggie in motion with a LB covering. I have yet to see that. It's always a DB. How do we get a LB to be responsible for Reg?

a LB will never be responsible for Reggie... Because when he comes in the game defenses take a linebacker off of the field and put in an extra DB to accomodate for him... or they just walk the safety up to keep an eye on him... another reason that the passing game has opened up for Colston and Brees

For some odd reason, I have a feeling that coach Payton is still playing his cards close to the vest. We all know that we haven't seen all the things that this offense is capable of and we do see little changes after every loss, but nothing that would allow other teams any idea of what we can really do. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. I just have a sneaky suspision that if we reach the playoffs, we will begin to see major differences in our offensive game plans each week and then something totally unexpected if we make the Super Bowl.

Actually I see Payton coming out and running the football almost exclusively. I expect Bush and Deuce to get a bunch of carries. The Bengals are ranked at the bottom of the league(Or close to it) against the run and it would be the ideal way to keep Palmer and company off the field.

Thats what i would do. Chad Johnson and Carson Daily cannot celebrate a score unless we give one up to their defense. I would pound the rock and blitz like crazy on def.

For some odd reason, I have a feeling that coach Payton is still playing his cards close to the vest. We all know that we haven't seen all the things that this offense is capable of and we do see little changes after every loss, but nothing that would allow other teams any idea of what we can really do. I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. I just have a sneaky suspision that if we reach the playoffs, we will begin to see major differences in our offensive game plans each week and then something totally unexpected if we make the Super Bowl.

You may have a point. During pre-season we heard the vanilla line and sure enough when the real bullets started flying there was a big change from what was seen previously and what was employed after. Funny though because when I heard that I kept thinking "Oh No here we go again" because we used to get that all the time from HAZ & co but when the real season began there we were wondering- why are we still seeing vanilla?

That reverse to Reggie was a great example of this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom