Reggie's Draw Play!(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

It basically boils down to this: some posters were against us drafting Bush in the first place. These are the "haters" and they are happy to see Bush fail even if it means the Saints suffer, because then they can come back here with their "Bush is a bust (told ya so) posts. Others were excited about the pick (apologists) and most are somewhat dissapointed by his performance, but are optomistic that he still has a lot of upside that has not been realized yet. Then there are people like me who are in between the two extremes. I wish for Bush to do good because I know it helps the Saints win when he does. The problem is that he was labeled with so many unrealistic expectations when he came out it is ridiculous. It has always been known that he would never be a 30 carry a game RB. He has been strapped down by a few injuries, and something else the haters dont want you to know. When Reggie is on the field watch what the opposing defense does. They are always sure someone is accounting for Reggie, he is too dangerous not too. PT and Bell do not get this treatment, leading to arguments like "the line blocks better for PT", which is just ridiculous. But, it almost has some truth, its not like the line plays any different, but the defense does for sure. Ever wonder why there never seems to be a hole for RB ? Because the guy who is spying him fills it, he follows him from the second he gets the ball. PT and Bell dont have to worry about such things because they are not hyped like RB is. This has been a very effective method of containing Bush, but it allows our offense to take advantage of the defenses, because they have one man dedicated to RB, who may not even be part of the play, which is what makes him such a good decoy. So to make a long story short,he will never be the running back some thought he would, but he is still a VERY VALUABLE part of this team, even if the numbers dont reflect that, and as long as he wears a Saints uniform he will have 100% of my support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom