Reggie's Draw Play!(MERGED) (2 Viewers)

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
Just rewatching some highlights and really replayed Reggie's 19 yard run "UP THE MIDDLE" ( well it was to the left as Heath blocked right so I'm not certain what gap RB was called to hit but MAN! If he can do THAT so quickly passing the line it could be "Game Over" almost everytime you hand him the rock!

There was no hesitation and he shot through what looked like a pile of bodies before the Defense could react in any way at all and he was in for 6!

Brothers and Sisters, I am NOT concerned about what we have yet to see from Reggie! He's no fluke , he IS The REAL DEAL and it's a matter of time with him on any given Sunday! We haven't even scratched the playbook it seems to me therefore I believe our future is very bright!

Not soley based on Reggie but Darren Sharper being back there is a really great thing to behold! He's gotten the entire LB's and DB's thinking aggressively and Greg Williams hasn't scratched his playbook much either!

GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX!!!!!!!!

95% of our team is healthy, which is much more than we've had the in past 2 years. I smell lots of W's coming to us this year.

1st post :)

Reggie is a part of the offense, he is not the offense. All Reggie has to do is play his role and everything will be fine.

I seen the replay on Primetime with Trey Wingo and Trent Dilfer. They showed it with the ESPN Axis software.

There was a huge hole to his right and he started towards it. The defense seen his commitment to the hole and started to come around when Reggie suddenly cut left and in a blink he was gone. Awesomeness!!!

They just broke down that run on ESPN showing how Reggie properly pressed one open hole to draw defenders to it, then once the seal was made by his linemen, took a different hole and went straight to the house. That run would've been a TD from anywhere on the field...

.....and in a 1 possession game with 3rd and 1 he probably would have lost 3 yards. The defense just wanted to go home.

I seen the replay on Primetime with Trey Wingo and Trent Dilfer. They showed it with the ESPN Axis software.

There was a huge hole to his right and he started towards it. The defense seen his commitment to the hole and started to come around when Reggie suddenly cut left and in a blink he was gone. Awesomeness!!!

That play took great vision and awesome athletic talent to score, I just want to see that same vision more consistently.

I honeslty think everything with Reggie right now is about confidence. That first game against Detroit may have destroyed all of the confidence he built up during the TC, where we kept hearing how great he looked.

The good thing is, I've never seen him make THAT play before, which may signal he really did make significant progress over the summer. Every other good run he's had to date has been through a hole you could easily see or has been on the outside. That run was, well, just different than what we're used to seeing with Reggie.

I hoenstly don't think we've heard enough about this take since the game. I don't think most people are picking up on that. Last year, Reggie doesn't make that run.

I really appreciate this thread, but at the same time dreading the moment when the Reggie Pessimist see this and flood it with there pessimistic views...

Reggie is a part of the offense, he is not the offense. All Reggie has to do is play his role and everything will be fine.

This is what SO MANY tried to say in the Slap Fight thread, but SO MANY more just wouldn't hear it...

I've never had any doubts about his heart or ability. If he stays healthy and hangs on to the ball, we'll see a lot more plays like this.

i got my flame suit on, and that was a great run.. BUT, before than run late in the 4th, reggie had not looked good in that game AT ALL running the ball. Of course when he got the ball in open space he made plays (before the half).. but when he was handed the ball, he was not looking great for most of the game. I rewatched the game and he was making me angry a lil bit with his footwork. Especially on punt returns, but i digress, If he continues to hit the hole he is supposed to hit, like in the TD play, or like Bell does 95% of the time, then i have no doubt that he will be just fine, but he has to stop trying to make a 4 yard gain into a 40 yard gain because it ends up as a -4 yard gain and this is a team that should hardly ever have negative yard plays!! I love Reggie, he is and always will be one of my favorite Saints, and that one play was nice to watch on ESPN's Axis, but that was not indicative of the way he ran the entire game...

I really appreciate this thread, but at the same time dreading the moment when the Reggie Pessimist see this and flood it with there pessimistic views...
You mean like this:

EricinCT said:
.....and in a 1 possession game with 3rd and 1 he probably would have lost 3 yards. The defense just wanted to go home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom