Reggie's Draw Play!(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Well, I didn't see the AXIS breakdown or know about it, but as a True SAINTS fan, I simply try and rewatch the games a few times to check out LB positions and just break it down some on MY TERMS w/o commentary so I can understand what I'm really seeing instead of what the analysists are yammering about. So, when I picked up on this "special" play by Reggie and Heath and the Line I figured it to be something the haters should see and appreciate. Remember, this is a very special player who just needs to find his way before he's really hurt or too old! It that happens consistantly, we're really on our way!
Still Love #26 Always will!

They just broke down that run on ESPN showing how Reggie properly pressed one open hole to draw defenders to it, then once the seal was made by his linemen, took a different hole and went straight to the house. That run would've been a TD from anywhere on the field...

exactly what I was thinking, too bad it wasnt from our 5, it would have been a 95 yd td run for Reggie, silencing some of his critics.

its not like he had to run through a bunch of defenders and break alot of tackles. of course he would have scored on that run from anywhere on the field because he is usually the fastest on the field. but to me, that run wasnt that great. he hit a hole and out ran a defender coming from the opposite side of the field. at the line a falling defender touched reggie's thighs and that was it. talk to me when he hits someone on the defense and knocks them back and then scores. like someone said earlier, this was not indicative of how he really played. what about when he couldnt get one inch and almost got tackled for a safety. it is unbelieveable how happy people are when regggie makes 1 play. even a blind squirrel finds a nut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVpfhROqPI

go to 2:38. i just dont think that the run was impressive. he squeezed through the line barely touched. please explain what was so good about that run.

Are you even awake?

I seen the replay on Primetime with Trey Wingo and Trent Dilfer. They showed it with the ESPN Axis software.

There was a huge hole to his right and he started towards it. The defense seen his commitment to the hole and started to come around when Reggie suddenly cut left and in a blink he was gone. Awesomeness!!!

They just broke down that run on ESPN showing how Reggie properly pressed one open hole to draw defenders to it, then once the seal was made by his linemen, took a different hole and went straight to the house. That run would've been a TD from anywhere on the field...

I liked the way the safety, 10 yards deep took 1 or 2 steps to his left and was out of position enough tha thgew couldnt hit reggie until the goalline.

exactly, and people are acting like reggie ran over 5 people to get to the goal lne

Speedy Ronzales if i had 4.3 speed and was the 2nd pick of the draft...yes. i also wouldnt run sideways and stand in one spot for 2 to 3 seconds on punt returns.
what is the problem with Reggie trying to break a play on punt returns? For the love of God people..OUR OFFENSE CAN OVERCOME -5 YARD LOSS! Chill out and let him do his thing!

what about when he couldnt get one inch and almost got tackled for a safety.

yeah lets talk about the negative!

lets hate on reggie bush! focus on the bad and forget about the good! a 20 yard TD isn't worth talking about, but the 0 yard gains at the end of the game are very important!

Reggie, you almost got tackled for a safety when we were up by 20 points with 1 minute left! bust bust bust! you almost blew the game for us! OMG! we needed to burn the clock !

Last edited:
exactly, and people are acting like reggie ran over 5 people to get to the goal lne

I gotta know, are you trolling or are you seriously asking a question. B/c if you are seriously looking, you've overlooked several posts on why this was a good run for Bush.

CHI-TOWNSAINT, said it well and I think it bears repeating. This was a different type of run than we've seen from Reggie so far. This wasn't a run through a huge gaping hole, or a run where he used his speed to beat defenders to the outside corner... it's one where he finally read the defense, headed to one hole to draw defenders to it, and then quickly changed to hit another hole.

One of the things that Bush was supposed to be great at, what I kept reading in all the draft guides leading up to his draft, was how great his vision was. I haven't really seen it, except on a couple of his punt returns. He is either outrunning his blockers, he hits the wrong hole, or tries to improvise. This is one where it looks like he used his vision and quickness to make a big play.

If you won't be satisfied with Reggie until he plows through 4 or 5 guys, then you might as well leave these threads alone b/c that's not the type of runner he is, and he's never been billed as that type of runner. The type of runner he was billed as was the one we saw on that one play. A runner who can read the defense, make them move in one direction, and then cut so quickly and hit another hole that he doesn't have to plow through anyone b/c he's already gone before they can react.

We haven't seen this consistently from Reggie yet, but it's why Payton will continue to give him 10 or so rushes a game.

This is why we're talking about this play -- it sums up the potential of Reggie Bush, and most of us want to see him realize that potential.

i got my flame suit on, and that was a great run.. BUT, before than run late in the 4th, reggie had not looked good in that game AT ALL running the ball. Of course when he got the ball in open space he made plays (before the half).. but when he was handed the ball, he was not looking great for most of the game. I rewatched the game and he was making me angry a lil bit with his footwork. Especially on punt returns, but i digress, If he continues to hit the hole he is supposed to hit, like in the TD play, or like Bell does 95% of the time, then i have no doubt that he will be just fine, but he has to stop trying to make a 4 yard gain into a 40 yard gain because it ends up as a -4 yard gain and this is a team that should hardly ever have negative yard plays!! I love Reggie, he is and always will be one of my favorite Saints, and that one play was nice to watch on ESPN's Axis, but that was not indicative of the way he ran the entire game...

Reggie actually ran well on Sunday. His worst run was for -4 on a draw and it was due to both DEs being in the backfield almost immediately. And his final 3 carries were all inside our own 2. Those 4 runs made his day look a good bit worse than he performed.

its not like he had to run through a bunch of defenders and break alot of tackles. of course he would have scored on that run from anywhere on the field because he is usually the fastest on the field. but to me, that run wasnt that great. he hit a hole and out ran a defender coming from the opposite side of the field. at the line a falling defender touched reggie's thighs and that was it. talk to me when he hits someone on the defense and knocks them back and then scores. like someone said earlier, this was not indicative of how he really played. what about when he couldnt get one inch and almost got tackled for a safety. it is unbelieveable how happy people are when regggie makes 1 play. even a blind squirrel finds a nut

So unless he runs over 5 guys, it's not a good run? The only way to have an impressive run is to trample defenders? Man, you must hate half of Adrian Peterson's runs.

He couldn't get one inch because there were 9 defenders in the box and less than 9 guys in the vicinity to block them. :jpshakehead:

I love Reggie... He's a Saint... and I am a Saints fan... but I will not be a blind homer that thinks he can do no wrong.

He had a nice run... I cheered... and I will do so again when he does it again.

With that said... what I think kills most Saints fans that are critical of him is... he's soooo talented... and it's soooo obvious that that he has the tools to be a great runner. But for whatever reason, he doesn't put that awesome talent to use on a consistent basis in the running game.

Guys like Bell and Thomas seem to look better running the same plays... but have far less raw talent than Reggie... it's maddening.

Look at what Chris Johnson did this past weekend to Houston... That's what we expect from Reggie (not every game, but certainly once in a while). For where he was drafted and for what he's paid... I expected a Chris Johnson.... but can anybody (being completely honest) say that's what we have gotten... is it even close? No.

Maddening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom